What To Do About Beau's Tummy?

RobinM

I just wanted to reiterate what WinterWish said earlier... that is it just a hungry tummy rumble, makes him uncomfortable, he goes outside, eats grass, feels worse... and on and on.

Mine get grumbly tummies sometimes late at night, and a half a piece of bread always settles them down. Is he interested in food at 4am? Might a little snack help?

So sorry for all the worries in your household!

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).

Beau weighs about 63 pounds and he gets 3 cups a day divided into 2 meals. He also gets a handful of shredded chicken or a tablespoon of wet food in his kibble. No other people food and has never had tummy issues before. I think it's something- I don't think it's an allergy although I could be wrong. He has never needed a littel something before bed to carry him in the over 2 years I've had him but anything is possible. He does get small pieces of dried chicken tenders throughout the night. Probably equilient to one whole one by the time he goes to sleep.

I am going out to get the beef (YUCK) for him soon. He will take cookies just fine today.

I just wanted to reiterate what WinterWish said earlier... that is it just a hungry tummy rumble, makes him uncomfortable, he goes outside, eats grass, feels worse... and on and on.

Mine get grumbly tummies sometimes late at night, and a half a piece of bread always settles them down. Is he interested in food at 4am? Might a little snack help?

So sorry for all the worries in your household!

no when his tummy is gurgling- he will not eat anything and I mean anything.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SoulsMom

I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this :(

Guess I'll just tell our story again, just for something to think about. I have to say, gurgly tummies really scare me after what Soul went through.

Soul was eating NB fish and sweet potato LID. Grain free for his Lupus. In his meals he would get a shot of Salmon Oil and his vitamens hidden in some pumpkin. One morning he had the gurgly tummy and refused his food. When he showed signs of upset tummy I took him to the vet who saw blood in his stools on a rectal exam. He got Flagyl and a dewormer and improved. But almost exactly three weeks later, gurglies and non-eating was back. For two weeks I had him on the bland diet (rice and chicken, etc). Started transistioning back to regular diet, and BAM!! HGE and he ended up in ICU.

Since then Soul has been on Hills I/D and his poops are perfect, no gurgly tummy, and no gas. I hate the contents of the food, and his Lupus is more difficult to manage, but at least he's not bleeding internally anymore.

I hope you can find something that works for Beau. Gurgly tummies scare me so much now . . . .

I know Amber, and Soul was the first one I thought of when I heard Beau's tummy gurgle. Beau did have a rectal 2 weeks ago when he saw the vet and his stool was checked too.

He did eat dinner, not with gusto, but he ate.

We have an appointment tomorrow at 11:30. I want blood drawn. Something is up and I want it fixed, yesterday.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest SoulsMom

With Soul they took his blood on the first vet visit and it all checked out OK. Even with the HGE episode, all his bloodwork came back good. Maybe ask the vet for an I/D diet to try, just to see if it might even things out?

How long have you been giving the dried chicken tenders? When I think of dried food, I think of fruit which is pretty concentrated when it gets dried out. Is it the same with the chicken? Maybe you could give something bland instead like "salt free saltines".

Chicken tenders? We buy them by the dozen from carealotpets.com and we've been giving them for over 2 years. We give 2 types of cookies. Milkbones and chicken tenders. That is it.

Polli gets other things, but Polli is... Polli!