Lymphoma

Guest kristy

Hello, I am new to this list but a long time Grey owner. Radar is a nine year old male. Over thanksgiving we found a large lump on a lymph under his chin and after an array of aspirate tests we just got the positive diagnosis that he has Lymphoma. We know we likely can extend his life maybe a year. The doctor is recommending Chemo and after the shell shock of the cost I am wondering how others may have faired under treatement? Anyone else gone chemo with their grey? how does the breed do? Anyone been successful, recommend or not recommend it? I value your opinion as we want the best for him.

First of all...I am so sorry. Kiss your baby for me.

Our Angel LaceyLaine was diagnosed with Lymphoma Sept. 4th of 2007. With chemo she lived exactly 3 months and went to the Bridge on Dec. 5th. Please join Circle of Grey...and Lymphoma Heart Dogs...much information and much support there. Many babes do very well on the chemo and have long remissions...it was not meant to be for our sweet LaceyLaine...know that she is watching over you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hi Kristy. Our girl, Bonnie, is going through chemo for lymphoma. She was diagnosed on February 6th of this year. We will soon be coming up on 11 months since the diagnosis. She's been on chemo the whole time. We've certainly had ups and downs, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Our vet has been in consultation with Dr. Couto at Ohio State University since the beginning. He gives us his recommendations and chemo protocols and our local vet administers everything and keeps tabs on Bonnie.

It is possible to obtain free chemotherapy medications through OSU because Radar is a retired racer. That can really help with the cost.

Feel free to contact me with ANY questions. My email is KRKWMU @ comcast.net (remove the spaces). And, please keep us updated and ask questions here on GreyTalk. So many people have experiences and knowledge to share. :welcome2

Give Radar a hug and kiss from us. Good luck with your decisions. Only you know what's best for your boy. :grouphug

Rascal was treated for Lymphoma several years ago. His only showed up in his spleen for whatever reason. But we treated him for about 7 months and he had another 7 months on top of that. For us it was worth every penny.

The chemo made him tired but it didn't effect him terribly. I struggled to get him to eat towards the end. Those were the only two things that really changed for him.

Good Luck with a very difficult decision!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm so sorry you've gotten this terrible diagnosis. We didn't have much luck with chemo with our Patsy, but cancer is such a crapshoot. If you are leaning towards it, I'd certainly try.

I'm glad Kristin replied to you. She knows so much---she'd probably say WAY too much---about lymphoma, and her Bonnie is an inspiration. Good advice from her. You should be able to get help with the chemo costs through Dr. Couto. He is a saint.

Please let us know what you decide, and how Radar is doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown