Collapsing Clark Update

Guest LokisMom

Guest HoustonGreys

:clap I am so thankful that it was such an easy fix and give you BIG praise for being so smart to take Clark to the chiropractor! It's so wonderful to hear some GOOD news on H&M! H&M has been as hard to read as Remembrance lately --- so many devastating things going on with our sweet Greys.

Edited because I have a HORRIBLE habit of not reading all the posts BEFORE I answer and just noticed the BEST news about Clark possibly being a family member soon! :confetti I'm sure there will be a post in another thread for the "official announcement" but CONGRATULATIONS to all! :confetti

Edited by HoustonGreys

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are greyt believers in acupunture.

Teddy and Beau go 2 weeks on, 1week off and then back on. We used to go every week. It has helped SO much.

Beau is only 4.5. He has what would be similar to hip dysplasia but my vets refrain from calling it that because he is a GH. Cornell and OSU didnt know what it was. We knew what it wasn't so we went from there.

His lower end and legs will collapse (not LS- not now anyway) and / or his hind legs will be kept up and he will tripod as he walks or runs. Since the acupunture has been underway, he has improved 95% at least. I am thrilled. I am concerned what the future holds for Beau but I can't think that far now!

Teddy has some disk issue which caused pain. He now exhibits those symtoms very INfrequently. We take them both together to keep the cost down.

I am very grateful for acupunture for them.

I am thrilled to hear about Clark and will continue to pray and send good thoughts his way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Excellent !!!!! Way to go! :thumbs-up:yay:clap

Now - the next order of business for this boy is to find him a forever home. :D

We are working on that. He might be staying right where he is ;)

Wonderful! :colgate

I know! I know!! Ha Ha, I know! I know!!! :)

How's he doing today? Just amazed at your last update. And happy for you and sweet pupper!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LokisMom
How's he doing today? Just amazed at your last update. And happy for you and sweet pupper!

He's excellent. It is so...absurd almost, like I just can't believe it. I follow him around waiting for him to fall over again or get weak but he doesn't. We went on a little walk around the neighborhood today. We didn't go too far because he is still a little bit sore but he was thrilled to be out and about.

I had to stop him from jumping up and down when I came home. It's...I just can't describe it. We thought we were going to lose him and now he's all better. It makes me cry a little every time I think about, happy tears of course. My grandmother called him our Christmas miracle. I thought that was sweet.

I can't say enough about trying alternatives. If we hadn't gone to the holistic vet, I don't know where we would be right now. I have a hunch traditional vet medicine would have ended up with him in surgery. I have never been to a holistic vet before but I am so impressed!

Guest BleusysMom

My Bleu Dog, (now Spirit Hound) started tri-poding one day, and or dragging that same back leg...

After a couple of months, many X-rays, many different drugs.....I looked at him....and said...what about TELLING-TOUCH, or...T-Touch....

I lay down with Bleu, did an amature T-touch that I had seen at a GH seminer.....and.......an HOUR LATER....me with a Very Sore are & hand....Bleu stood up.......and....

NO MORE LIMPING, DRAGGING, or TRI-PODING!!!!!!!

When he ran too much and ended up on two opposing legs...he would wait for me to come to him.....start T-Touch....and the opposite front and back legs would soon be on the ground...and Bleu would WALK off....sound as could be!!!!!