Willie

Guest greydogluvr

Sending more prayers for Willie. Please update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question, but I think they typically take lung x-rays to look for lesions to determine the extent to which the cancer has spread. If I remember correctly, osteo typically spreads to the lungs first, not to other limbs. You might be paying for and putting Willie through extra tests that aren't going to change your course of action. I remember with Snickers that I felt very anxious to get rolling with treatment, the sooner I got fighting the osteo the better. I think we had her leg amputated within a week, probably about five days. Many prayers for Willie and you.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest MorganKonaAlex

With Morgan, we found out he had osteo when the leg broke. It was a Sunday of a holiday week-end. It took a few days to get the ortho consult and the amputation scheduled. They kept him heavily sedated during that time. With Alex, it was probably a week or so until the amputation. Lung x-rays to see if it's visibly spread are normally done along with standard pre-opt blood work. We did not do any other testing. My understanding is osteo doesn't normally spread to other bones.

Guest greydogluvr

He is still at the vets office. I can pick him up at 6:00 pm. After this bone scan we are not doing any more tests. It just seems like this has been forever. He is in more pain today. I need to get him back on his pain meds and get the surgery scheduled. This is so horrible. Thank you to everyone for your support and advice. BTW his lungs appear to be clear.

Lora & Willie

Guest EmbersDad
Willie's lab results came back. All of his blood counts continue to be within the normal range and the sample from the small growth that we have been monitoring is benign. Additionally, his urine sample did not indicate concern.

Willie has his bone scan tomorrow. He has to be sedated and I am so nervous. Please keep him tucked in your prayers. Then we can have an additional ultrasound to look at his other major organs but I am contemplating skipping this. I really want to initiate treatment.

How much time from diagnosis to amputation is typical? I would love to know if I am moving too slowly. It seems like it is taking so long

3 days for us