Chase Had Her First Dental Today

Guest ChasesMum

Guest ChasesMum

So Chase had her first dental at 8 yrs old. As I would agree, she had some basic blood levels done, CBC, BUN, Creatinine, 'Lytes and a T4 because she is hypothyroid and has been a little on the lazier side lately.

So she showed up as a little dehydrated and her Creatinine was slightly elevated at 133. They gave her IV fluids, and sent us home with some antibiotics as they do for all senior dentals, and suggested that if she was still a little slow in a few weeks after she was done her meds that we recheck her creatinine and talk about putting her on a kidney food.

So... thoughts anyone? Something to recheck anyways in a few weeks or a month regardless? Should I change her diet somehow?

I'd like to prevent further problems and degredation if possible but other than a lower protein food I don't know if there is anything RIGHT NOW that I can do. She is on Kirkland lamb & rice...just changed her to that a couple months ago off Canidae, then through a bag of Kirkland chicken before settling down poop-wise on the lamb.

I guess I am wanting some BTDT advice!

On the lighter side, she seems to have developed a curious case of stink eye and ETS! LMAO

Edited by ChasesMum

Is she already on thyroid meds? As for a kidney diet, I wouldn't go rushing her on one, but I'll bump this for someone more experienced than me

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest ChasesMum

hmmm I will call the vet in the morning and ask about the possibility of it just being normal for a greyhound. Our vet is pretty grey savvy, and she is the adoption group's prefered vet so I trust her but I don't know which vet was consulted.

interesting about the thyroid levels, I knew they had a low normal but I didnt know they were THAT much lower. I wonder if we should wean her off her meds and send off a panel to Guelph again.

hmmmmm food for thought!

Edited by ChasesMum

Guest Greensleeves

Are you sure that's the number they gave you for creatinine? It's usually a single digit, like 1.3, and IIRC, normal is something like 0.4-1.6. 133 sounds more like an elevated BUN.

Guest ChasesMum

she double checked for me, I wanted to be sure when I posted it here! lol I think maybe the increments might be measured differently in Canada?

I dunno. I have noticed that on people tests too...it differs between countries.

Sending prayers all is well. Please keep us updated. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.