Dear Jordie...

Guest kaotic1

Guest kaotic1

Dear Jordan,

I can't believe that tomorrow will be your second Gotcha day!! I remember what I was thinking and feeling two years ago this night. I was a nervous wreck, sweetie. You were going to be my first dog. Would i be a good dog Mom? Was I nuts for getting a Greyhound for my first dog when I had FOUR cats? Did I buy the right food? Treats? Muzzle? Coat? Stuffies? Was I gonna screw this up for you? I remember when they brought you in the door. You were so calm. You checked out the house and then curled up on your bed. For the first 2 hours I just watched you sleep!! I was so afraid to stress you out I didn't even pet you!! You must have thought I was a NUT!! By that time most of Greytalk KNEW I was!! They had been listening to me be neurotic all week.

Jordan, you stepped into our lives and told us we COULD be dog owners. You just showed us how to do it. When I think of the life you had before coming here... a long race carrier, a long puppy mamma career... well we just didn't have you long enough did we? You never even got to have a first Gotcha day! Eleven months in a forever home is just to short. I know why you came to us... to prove we could be good dog parents. In eleven months you changed my life. I guess maybe you knew you work was done. If it weren't for you we wouldn't have Sam!! I know you would love him he is such a handsome boy.

Guess what! Your Granny decided she had to have her own dog too!! Of course she doesn't have my good taste! She picked out a Terrier!! Can you beleive it? You did that sweetie!! She wouldn't have admitted she always wanted a small dog if it weren't for you!!! I still miss you sweeite... I hope you have a happy Gotcha day where you are!!

Love Mama

100_0755.jpg

I miss her stories. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You're right. It's never long enough. :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Ah, you still miss your girl so much. It's doubly hard when your time together is so short. But she seems to have packed a lot of love into those eleven months.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm sorry, I had to giggle when you wrote that he just walked in so calm....they do that. They just walk in like they own the place, find a place to crash & then do. They make our lives so much nicer, so much easier. They love us 100%