Cleaning Tree Sap (?) Out Of Fur And Feet

Kathy

My greyhound was rolling in fall leaves and got some sap stuck on her back about a month ago - I still haven't been able to get it out of her fur. Also, she seems to have some stuck on the bottoms of her feet, between her toes. Any suggestions?

omg i went through the same thing..tried everything that this site recoomended. the best thing that worked was vegetable oil but ya have to rub it in good and rub out. i did it several times. it eventually came out...gl i feel for ya

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

PEANUT BUTTER!!! seriously, it works, and the doggies get an extra treat!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest HoustonGreys

It is so strange to see this today! I was just talking yesterday with a GTer and complaining about pine cones and cut feet and she asked did we have trouble with sap. We never have (and hopefully won't) but when she told me all the trouble she had it has made me paranoid!

Goo Gone? :lol

This was the first thing I thought of but have never used it on the Greys but it sure does work on everything I've ever used it on.

I had heard peanut butter was good to get chewing gum out of hair --- even children and you're right, the doggies will like it much better!

Let us know what works --- now that I'm all paranoid I need to have a plan of action! :lol

:lol I used olive oil and scissors. I've had to get gum out of Pharaoh's paw that way too. :rolleyes:

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

De-Solv-It. It's non-toxic and non-petroleum based, which is what you want. It's what they use to clean up birds and animals that get stuck in oil spills. No need to use toxic and/or flammable stuff like Goo Gone, lighter fluid or WD-40.

Rubbing alcohol is a new one on me. Sounds benign enough and very handy to get to though!

Marcia

YOU ARE BRILLIANT! IT WORKED!

However, next time we roll in the leaves, we are going to make sure we get sap just a liiittttlllleeeee bit lower because we practically broke our neck bending it around to reach the spot where the sap (and peanut butter!) were this time!

I will save cleaning the feet for another day!