Anti-translational Crucuate Brace

Guest kelli123

Guest kelli123

Was wondering if anyone has heard news about these, or have used them for a torn or strained curciate? in humans this would be considered a torn ACL.My Gracie 3yrs old has torn hers. This was a option to try to see if it will heal on its own. next option would be surgery. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Kelli

If it is torn I would consider the surgery. A ligament is like a rubber band if torn completely it is not going to go back together. Surgery replaces the ligament so that the knee functions properly.

Arthritis sets up pretty fast in an untreated ACL.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

The founder of the Therapaw company spoke at Dewey this year. Maybe one of her products could help, either before or after surgery. If you don't see anything on the site, try emailing her.

therapaw

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest kelli123

Doc says its a sprain . She is still putting weight on it. So ill see what the x-rays show on thursday. Im going to look at the therapaw you spoke of and see what that is like compared to the A-trac system. Thanks Kelli