Bandit This Time.

Guest KyGrey

had a seizure. I heard a noise like something falling in the other room earlier. I got up and ran thinking it was Lee trying to get up and falling down even though he's been doing so well. Nope, Bandit is attempting to walk and is leaning sideways and falling toward his right side. I got on the floor and called his name. He looked at me and tried to walk to me but was walking like something was wrong with one of his legs and kind of hunched down. I thought maybe he got hurt jumping on, off or between the furniture. His tail was wagging as he kept trying to get to me. He would look at me when I said his name so he was coherent. I then grabbed him and sat down just holding him until I felt he was going to be okay. He was panting more than usual. I called a friend and she told me that he probably did have a small seizure. I made a note of it in a notebook just in case he ever has something like this to happen again. I've never witnessed a dog, or a person for that matter, have a seizure. This lasted maybe 20-30 seconds but seemed like a lot longer.

He is laying at my feet now just resting. He seems to be okay but I am going to keep a close eye on him. If he happens to have another one and I'm around a call is going to be put into the vet's office to let them know of a possible pattern.

I worry so much about my babies.

Thats very good to make notes. Until I was sure of Gabby's dosage, my vet told me to keep a log of when she had them...what events occured around them...full moon, weather...etc etc

Gabby's definitly got epilepsy, she had 4 seizures in 45 minutes. Banker has a seizure similar to what you were describing about once a year & isn't on meds. I just keep them documents so if he has more, I'll know when. I keep a log of how long the seizures are also.

Bandit sounds a lot like either his leg might've been asleep or a spasm. Prayers for the sweet babies.

Edited by Pipi5

Sending my prayers. We also kept a seizure diary. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I never thought that maybe their legs could go to sleep like ours. Stupid me!! I'm still not sure what happened but I do know it scared the life out of me almost.

I've got so much on my plate right now. I would just like to know how much more my plate can hold. I try to stay optimistic but at times I get down and it's really hard to get back up. I've had the major blues for about a year now.

Oh my sweet Bandit. Give him a hug and kiss from me Patti! Just watch and see if it happens again, it really could have been a spasm or something similar, especially since he was coherent and wagging his tail.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

One thing I saw when Kiowa had a seizure is that his eyes seemed 'wonky'. It was like they were unevenly dilated or something.

If it's any encouragement Kiowa only had 2 seizures the entire time I had them and they were about 2 yrs apart and never developed into anything chronic. I only had to make him comfortable after and let him rest. I've heard that giving some vanilla ice cream right after a seizure is helpful.

Guest ChancesMom

Patti, I can just imagine how scared you were and I am so sorry you have so much going on now. I am continuing to send prayers and hugs your way. I have said it before and am repeating my self. Please do not hesitate to call if you need some one to talk to. I had my surgery this past Thursday so have to lay for 3 weeks. I keep my phone by me at all times. Take care of your self.

Donna

Well, I have had seizures most of my life. After a seizure, you feel so confused and your body doesn't work like it should. Maybe, he had a grand mal seizure that was of short duration. This would account for not being able to walk right away. I hope I didn't creep anyone out.

Thanks everyone. I have been keeping an eye on him and will continue to do so. I can't tell if he's being extra clingy today since this or if it's still that he started being that way when Lee was staying at the sitters for a few days (and nights). He, all 60 lbs of him, wants to sit in my lap. Of course I try to accomodate him but sometimes it's just too awkward.

As far as I could tell he was looking right at me and trying to come to me. I am not sure what it was but, yes, I will keep a good eye on him and see if it happens again. I'm hoping that it was a one time thing but we never know.

Donna, I will try to call you soon. It seems like I have a kazillion things to get caught up with since I have all day to get things done and there's still not enough time in the day. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Oh, no! This has been such a rough time for you. Sending prayers out to you and Bandit---and Lee is still included!

Please let us know how he's doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown