Noisy Intestines? E-vet?

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

So I was watching tv about an hour ago and heard some tummy noises. You know when you are hungry and your stomach "talks"? Well I heard those noises from my boy. Yes they were louder than the tv. So I thought maybe he needed to go outside. So I let him out. Well the neighbors dog dug under the fence and was in my yard, she's a little beagle. So both my hounds had some fun for about 5 minutes chasing and cornering the dog. I let it go on since they were more interested in chasing than anything else. Anyhow, so I let get the beagle out of the yard and let my dogs do their business. Its really close to dinner time, so I thought maybe he is hungy. Well I feed them and now he is laying on the sofa and no change, still a lot of noise from his intestinal area. Should I get to the e-vet? Anyone have any experience with this? He doesnt have any gas. Should I give some yogurt maybe? Maybe get some gas-x? Thanks for the help.

Guest BlackandBrindle

It's probably just an upset tummy, but keep an eye on him.

I wouldn't give him anything other than time at the moment.

How is his general demeanor right now?

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

He is his typical sleepy self. Just relaxing on the couch. When his tummy was making noise and I let him out, he was more than happy to chase around the beagle. So I dont think he is uncomfortable. No whining or pacing or panting.

Guest Trentsmom

This happens to my male grey about 3x per month. Usually in the middle of the night, and I can hear the juices moving and squeaking in his tummy. He will ask to go outside and wander around and maybe eat grass, but never ends up getting sick. He's got a really sensitive stomach anyway, but the noise doesn't seem to be caused by anything in particular.

Anyway, he's usually mopey for about 1/2 a day, and doesn't eat, then he's fine. I've read to use Tagament, but I don't know how much, and since it always passes in a few hours, I try to avoid the drugs.

I do give natural (no corn starch) yogurt daily, and that seems to have cut down on the frequency of this problem.

I'm interested if someone else knows what causes this.

Guest KennelMom
It's probably just an upset tummy, but keep an eye on him.

I wouldn't give him anything other than time at the moment.

Ditto. As long as he's acting normally and looking normal, I'd just keep an eye on him. The same thing happens to our crew from time to time....it's usually gas that's working it's way down the gut tube.

This happens to Max maybe once every other month or so. Typically what happens is he doesn't get around to eating his breakfast and I think he gets so hungry, he will feel sick. He will frantically try to eat grass, and refuses to eat anything - you can tell he wants it, but just won't take it. You can hear his stomach from across the room. I keep children's liquid gravol on hand, I got a big, fat eye dropper and shoot about 15 ml into him. It has always settled his stomach <knocking on wood>, I then give him a piece of bread, as soon as he is ready to take it and htat also seems to help the tum. Then, he is usually good and ready to eat a meal...maybe try a little liquid gravol or pepto bismol is supposed to help, too.

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Thanks to everyone for their input. Bart is back in bed, sleeping like a puppy. The noises have subsided without anything other than dinner. I will keep an eye on him, my wife is off tomorrow and will be home all day with him. Again thanks GTr's

Guest LindsaySF

Teagan's tummy does this from time to time. As long as he is acting fine and not in pain, it's probably just normal gas. :)

Now the hole in the fence and the loose Beagle, that's another story!

Guest longdogs

Nugget used to get periodic attacks of the 'gurgles'. We learned not to worry about it. The worst that happened was she went off her food for a day. Large plain dog-biscuits and toast seemed to help a little.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Frank was a little "grumbly" last night (I couldn't sleep so we went down by the fire and snuggled a little, then came back upstairs and I was treated to some paint-peeling GH gas!) He was fine today.

Nova's belly does the same thing, never any ill-effects, so I don't worry about it. I had a poodle that did the same too, and she lived to be 17 1/2, and never had any effects either, just the noise (which does drive me nuts, but bother me more than them)

Alan's tummy makes noises a lot, sometimes louder than other times. I'm used to that. Alan gets pepcid twice a day already. He's fine otherwise, so I don't worry.

Guest SoulsMom

See now, I'm the opposite of all of you now that Soul is on the road to recovery from his HGE illness. Each time the big D was about to start it was preceded by the gurgly tummy and him not wanting to eat. So now when I hear his tummy gurgle I start to panic :rolleyes:

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

Every now and then I hear this from my dogs before breakfast. I usually give them a slice of white bread and things quiet down. As long as he is acting normally I wouldn't worry.