Worried About Naples

This time it's different, though. She doesn't even want food!

Early yesterday, she seemed fine. She ate breakfast like normal, ran around the yard like normal, etc. Then Dh and I left the house to run some errands.

When we came home, we walked into the house, and smelled poo. We checked her crate first, out of haabit, and saw nothing but a dog.checked around, and found nothing. We assumed it was gas, and ushered the dogs out. Naples pooped, and it appeared normal, not soft, as I'd expect.

She hung around with us all evening, seeming normal. I let her out before bed, and she still seemed fine. Got her into her crate to feed her, and she would not eat. That is VERY, VERY, VERY unlike her.

So, I took Manero to the bedroom, and left her in the family room with DH, hoping she'd eat. He gave her another 20 minutes or so, and nothing. So he tried to get her into the bedroom, snd she seemed restless, and did not want to come in. She finally did, and roamed around a while before laying down. Then she got up again, and looked very uncomfortable. DH took her back outside, then she did not want to leave the family room. I checked to see if her belly was rigid. It was not, so I was not worried about bloat yet. But she was very tender, and actually thought about biting when I touched her belly.

So I scritched her ears, told her I was sorry. Dh stayed in the family room with her all night, in case she needed help. She was restless periodically through the night, but is better this morning. She is still "off," but ate her breakfast (I wanted to fast her 24 hours, but DH didn't think of it. :rolleyes:). She seems a lot more comfortable now, but still tender.

I hope this was just a "thing." I don't know what she could have gotten into, but that may be the culprit. She is muzzled with a poop cup outside, and crated if we cannot supervise. As far as I know, she' had no access to anything out of the ordinary.

We will keep an eye on her, and get her to the vet if necessary.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest SoulsMom

Whoo, boy after what I just went through with Soul I'm extra cautious about tummy troubles. His tummy would also appear normal, but he would arch his back in this way that I could tell it was bothering him. Is her tummy "gurgly" at all? Before this last, and very bad episode, Soul's tummy was gurgly, he was arching his back, and he wanted nothing to do with food. All I can say is keep an eye on her BM's for any sign of blood. That's when you need to get to the vet.

Guest IrskasMom

I would say , thats their Nature ! My Boy Morty came with a slight whimper ( he was on the couch sleeping ,when I went

in the Bathroom ) to the Bathroom ( my Bathroom is not big enough for two People) and stood the entire time behind me.

Neither did he eat his Breakfast and in the Afternoon he was running again like nothing ever happen. He is very clingy.

He ate his Dinner and I gave him some more and he ate it to . This Morning again very clingy and follows every move that

I make. Like I would sneak without him out of the House . For right now , he is laying right beside me and watches me like

a Hawk.Could it be that it is just a Phase by not eating , mine does this every other Day or so.

Edited by IrskasMom

Well, now I'm not so sure it's her tummy, unless that is part of the problem.

She does seem "brighter," KWIM? She's more alert, and wants to be a part of our day. But she just *can't*.

She had to go outside, so I took her out. She was really gingerly walking around the yard. But she urinated twice, including one marking episode. I take that as a good sign. Her urine looked normal for her. She also pooped, and that appeared normal for her.

A neighbor is working with a power saw, and when he started cutting, she jumped a little. That's very unusual for her. But she settled back in right away.

Earlier, she walked over to me, so I placed my hand *VERY GENTLY* on her belly, to check rigidity. She almost bit me! Obvioulsy, that is painful. So, I went to gently hug her around her shoulders (she normally LOVES this), and got the same reaction.

So I am baffled. She's walking like she's painful all over, like when we humans get body aches from the flu or something. And her painful reaction to me touching her seems to support that. But this does not seem life-treatening, so I can't really justify an e-vet trip.

On the plus side, she is drinking water, and is VERY interested in food again. She must have really been hurting last night, then. Poor girlie. And I can't even hug her to tell her it's going to be alright.

Edited by Sighthounds4me

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Sending prayers everything is ok. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Could she have a UTI, despite normal appearance of urine?

Hope you can get to the bottom of things soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Well, things have improved a little, but not a lot.

She's still not *right.* She's not steady on her feat, her activity level is nothing close to what it normally is. Today, I let her out to potty when I got home from work, she had a hard time descending the two stairs on the deck.

I just don't know what to think. There is nothing specific at all about this. She's just "off."

So, I have an appointment tomorrow morning. I will have them do a thorough exam, and bloodwork, then take it from there. I just hope we can figure this out...

Okay, so we cancelled the appointment! I got home from work this morning, and Naples was doing her spinning thing in her crate, as usual. So I took her outside, to see how she was moving. She jumped off the deck! Yes, I said JUMPED. And she trotted a little, which is a new development.

In addtion, I realized early this morning that she has not been wagging her tail - VERY unusual for her. Well, she did this morning (just aks Poor Manero! He got a tail in the eye!).

So, considering the improvement, I called the vet office this morning. They thought that if she was doing better, they didn't need to see her. My pocketbook agrees! So, we will continue to keep a close eye on her, and call the vet again if need be.

Thanks for all the well-wishes!

What a greyt update! Sending more prayers "just in case" :):grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.