Excessive Urination, Thirst,

Guest FullMetalFrank

If memory serves me correctly...I think that there are only 1 or 2 places that does the full thyroid panel. Flashy's blood was drawn...put on ice and sent by Fed Ex to Michigan State. Glad your little man is feeling well. :)

Quite a few people including several GT'ers have it sent out here to Jean Dodds(Hemopet)

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FullMetalFrank

OK, I went in today and got a printout of his results and no, they did not do the full panel for the thyroid. His T4 was pretty low, though, at .4 His other bloodwork was all in the normal range. When we go to his next appointment I'll bring the Dr. Stack article and discuss running the full panel just to make certain we are doing the right thing. Frank is continuing to do well, has a little bit more energy, still eating with gusto and only one pee accident this week. He is such a good boy.

0.4 does not seem that low for a GH--if you are going to run a full panel DO NOT start him on the medication yet. How did you submit the urine--was it a free catch?? Could find protein in the sample if you used a container that had some leftover residue from it's original contents.

0.4 does not seem that low for a GH--if you are going to run a full panel DO NOT start him on the medication yet. How did you submit the urine--was it a free catch?? Could find protein in the sample if you used a container that had some leftover residue from it's original contents.

Yes...Flashy's T-4 in the office was .1 ~ However their T-4 can fluctuate minute by minute. His T-4 by dialysis at MSU was a touch higher...but the big one they went by was his TSH which was VERY high. I guess they go by low T-4 and high TSH. This was his TSH:

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone 88 HIGH ~ (0-37) = Normal Range.

I am so happy your sweet little man is doing better! Hug him for me. :grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.