White Light Needed

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

i have a friend beth, who is also friends with jettcricket, who has a sweet boy about embers age that needs some white light and happy thoughts. looks like the thief has struck yet again.

snip:

My boy Asa has had a rough few days of not feeling well and had to have emergency surgery today. Fortunately I got him to the emergency vet in Langhorne, Pa. today - after taking him twice to my vet (on Friday and Monday) and not getting any results. If I hadn't gotten him there when I did, I would already have lost him by now.

He just didn't seem right to me this morning (very extended belly, terrible panting, vomiting, not eating or drinking,etc.) and I knew I had to take him to Langhorne - he had a tumor on his spleen that had ruptured and he was bleeding internally. When they suspected the tumor, I asked them to do a chest xray of the lung before even attempting any surgery. If it was already in his lungs, I felt there would have been no point in operating. His lungs were clear, so I told them to operate. They were able to get the spleen out and all the bleeding controlled, but then discovered it had spread to a small area on his liver, which they could NOT get - too close to a major blood supply. They were afraid it would bleed and not be able to be controlled, so they couldn't touch it.

They are calling it cancer, even though they won't know for sure for a few days if it is malignant or not. It seems that he only has a few months. I won't let him live in pain, but I also won't put him through chemo. Hopefully he'll come home on Thursday for a little while yet. I read that this type of cancer only affects 2% of dogs - usually the heart or the spleen. Keep my boy in your prayers. You know he isn't feeling well - he didn't even bark at the other dogs at the vet's office!!! :)

Beth

thanx

Guest jettcricket

.....Prayers for sweet Asa. I told Beth that so many of our beloved hounds are leaving us. It's like a generation of them are dying off. We all adopted about the same time so our dogs are all around the same age...10, 11 and 12. I know death is a part of life and we're all gonna die, but it still makes my heart very heavy when I hear of another hound passing. :( I wish we could give them back some of their years....

Praying for a miracle for Asa and hugs to Beth. :hope:grouphug

Edited by jettcricket

Sending my prayers and white light. Also chanting for a miracle that this is KNOT cancer and that this baby will have much more quality time with his Mommy. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending white lights and prayers for Asa and all the other hounds who need it.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Langhorne's a great place. That's where Pearl's cardiologist is.

It sounds like hemangiosarcoma. THe nasty disease that took Brindle. But unlike my girl, they got the spleen out before there were too many tumors. He should have a couple of months of quality life.

He'll be in my prayers.

Guest EmbersDad
.....Prayers for sweet Asa. I told Beth that so many of our beloved hounds are leaving us. It's like a generation of them are dying off. We all adopted about the same time so our dogs are all around the same age...10, 11 and 12. I know death is a part of life and we're all gonna die, but it still makes my heart very heavy when I hear of another hound passing. :( I wish we could give them back some of their years....

Praying for a miracle for Asa and hugs to Beth. :hope:grouphug

thats the truth. she also is struggling with bear, her maltese, and his ailments as he ages. he is 12 i think she said. asa is only a few weeks younger than ember i think beth said. they both sport the 127X tattoo.

Guest EmbersDad
Langhorne's a great place. That's where Pearl's cardiologist is.

It sounds like hemangiosarcoma. THe nasty disease that took Brindle. But unlike my girl, they got the spleen out before there were too many tumors. He should have a couple of months of quality life.

He'll be in my prayers.

langhorne did ember's amputation. i gotta give props to dr jennifer macleod and her staff. :yay