Me & Cash

Guest guvnah

My name is Julie, I live in Columbus (Go Bucks!) and I just rescued another hound. I lost my first fur kid, George (letstakeittoem), last June to bladder cancer. And I said 'That's it, never again...I can't tolerate that kind of heart break'. Only...the heart break never really stopped...and after about two months of absolute misery (after all...George was taking a LOT of time and effort towards the end...I was left with a BIG hole to fill with both time and emotion)...I found myself 'browsing' the rescue sites. Browsing went to pining and pining eventually led to an email to my greyhound adoption place.

So, here we are, Cash 'n' Me. He's awesome. We're working through some howling in my absence (maybe SA, maybe just getting acclimated to being along in a non-kennel environment, we'll see) and some socialization issues (as in, he doesn't...) but otherwise...he's so sweet, playful, and adorable...I'm just loving having another hound in the house. There is just something about these creatures that puts an instant choke hold on your heart...I can't see having any other kind of dog!

Thanks for being so helpful on this site...it's been a wealth of information over the last few weeks and saved me a aneurysm or two!

PS...I've tried to get a picture of Cash on here...but it won't work for some reason...any tips?

:welcome Hi and welcome from So Cal!

To post pictures, you need to use an image hosting website (I use photobucket.com) and link the pictures here. For more information, click here.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound