It's Heartbeakingly True

Guest tobinhr

Guest IrskasMom

Jan .... I am sooo devastated over Mac's passing . I am so truly sorry :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug Just wanted

to add , it was the same in my House . We came home from work every Day and NO Eyes were greeting us . It was

so cold and empty. We went several times to the Shelter and looked. There were no Eyes that cought mine . It's the Eyes

that have to speak to me ,that very next Saturday my Son drove 3 Hours to West Virginia and picked the most needy

Boy up and he is the Love :wub::wub::wub: You are not there yet ..... give it time .

Edited by IrskasMom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tobinhr

:::Writing on application::::

"I have three pairs of greyhound socks, ten t-shirts, 1 XL wire crate, 1XL travel crate (internationally tested), 2 XL beds, four coats, two leashes, two greyhound bumper stickers ON my car, and 1 broken heart. Oh--and a FENCED yard. :rolleyes: "

I think I can hold out until after the holidays. Too hard to bring one home and then leave him while we go to ND.

And, oh....did I say HIM?? I am swimming in a testosterone ocean here. I need an ally. I bet there's a bossy little cat-safe girlie making her way to me now.

Jan

Edited by tobinhr

you know, i found myself looking for mac's comment at the end of your post. I miss him :( yes, do DO need a greyhound :grouphug

OMG, so did I!!! Jan, you need to find another greyhound who's as wise as Mac (or at least as witty). We need that around here begging.gif

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I cant ever imagine a day coming home to no greyhounds.... :grouphug

I agree too that you need another witty hound like Mac! There will never be another Mac.... But I have no doubt that you'll get another very special hound thats just as witty! :wub:

What a wonderful way to honor Mac - bringing home another greyhound and picking a container from Sarah - I think she gets some help from our Angels at the Bridge to create something so beautiful and moving to honor our Angels here on earth. I hope your new girl finds you soon, with a bit of guidance from Mac of course. :grouphug

Guest houndstooth4

I miss Mac's comments, too!

I know you just mentioned a girl, maybe, but if you remember Bunny from the reunion, well, she's got a brother named Buddha at the kennel up there by you, just so you know!

There's a sweet black cat-safe girl at the kennel, Joey, who's an incredible smiler -- bet she is pretty witty :D ! She's been there quite a long time, I wish she could find a home.

That is so funny that you should say Joey. That is the one I thought of also for Jan and family.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

There's a sweet black cat-safe girl at the kennel, Joey, who's an incredible smiler -- bet she is pretty witty :D ! She's been there quite a long time, I wish she could find a home.

That is so funny that you should say Joey. That is the one I thought of also for Jan and family.

:blink: O-M-G!!! PrairieProf, were you sitting under the table at lunch today?! SERIOUSLY! :lol:

Okay, I'm am SO not about the hard sell when it comes to adopting, Jan, but at what point do we stop calling them coincidences and start calling them signs? ;)

:whiteflag

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Guest BlackandBrindle

I've cried for your loss every day.

Mac was a truly magnificent pup among a magnificent breed.

I'm sure when the time is right he'll send you another wonderful friend.

Until then, know that we grieve with you :grouphug

Guest tobinhr

Like h#ll you will. :POed I'll arm wrestle you for her.

My husband said he's going to start a pool at work. "How long can Jan hold out without a greyhound?"

Answer: Not long. :rolleyes:

I have to do some preliminary meetings though...we have two cats.

Jan

P.S. Those pictures are NOT fair!! NOT FAIR!!

Edited by tobinhr

Here are some pictures of Joey. :beatheart :beatheart

:spoot Oh, Cully--you play WAY dirtier than I do! :lol:

:seesaw

And I must say, "Nicely played!" :lol:

Edited by LisaB

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Fingers crossed that Joey passes the cat test!

I think this thread should be moved to a different location than Remembrance!

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039