Puncture Wound - Lip

So, we have a guest this week - Heath - who belongs to another GTer. Five dogs has been, umm, interesting but mostly manageable. This morning Heath was helping me put the food in the dog bowls, and was very interested in the canned food I was adding. So was Nico. Nico approached and Heath turned on him without warning. Thankfully I was able to use the Voice of God and get them separated. I didn't see anything at first, and definitely nothing on Heath, but poor Nico showed up in the kitchen 5 minutes later with a big blood spot on his upper lip. Yeah, you guessed it, bite mark.. and it went all the way through the lip.

I have antibiotics on hand, and it has stopped bleeding (it didn't bleed much, but it did bleed). I cleaned it with a mild betadine solution. It's one puncture, and not swelling so far: not sure what a vet could do that I haven't/can't. Any suggestions I haven't thought of? <sigh>

I feel like the Patriots here: everybody's hurt. Well, not everybody, but last night I noticed that Heath had a little scab right in the front corner of his right eye. I'm pretty sure that it came from: a. a branch outside or b. someone's toenail, since all FIVE have taken to sleeping in the study behind me. Sort of like peas in a pod. He's not squinting, but he has worried it (rubbing his face on a blanket): what can I use that close to an eye? Any ointment? Again, have cleaned it with mild betadine.

I post the least here in H&M, but here I am. Thankfully, nothing dreadful.

Edited by RhodyGreys

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

Doesn't sound like fun! As for something close to the eye, you can use either Neosporin or a tripple antibiotic and hopefully there won't be any more problems.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless