Alimony Has A Swollen Wrist.

No fever. The swelling has gone down a bit overnight. I probably shouldn't have let her romp in the yard yesterday afternoon, but I didn't notice the swelling had gotten worse until afterward. :( I think "leash rest" and epsom soaking are the way to go for now.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest TheDoggfather

Bug bite, maybe? Is there anything that might've gotten stuck in her wrist (sliver or anything like that?).

Odd that she's got the swelling, but, no loss of ROM or motility. I know limiting HER activity is almost an effort in futility, but, she may just need a few days of R&R.

Riley's had a swollen wrist on and off for the past few months. We did xrays and everything and nothing showed up. He appears to be in no discomfort. The vet thinks it's arthritis. We tried Previcox with no change and he was on glucosamine/chondroitin (now he has been having stomach issues, so I stopped that for awhile). It seems to go up and down - some days it looks totally normal, other days it's quite swollen. I was panicked at first, but since it has gotten no worse in the last few months and he still does not seem to be in any pain, I am not stressing about it. I hope Alimony just has arthritis or something treatable. :grouphug

Edited by RileysMomma

Been there. Done That! I think thats why my vet loves me so much. Glad all is well.

L.

Same here! Glad all is well, I was worried.

Us too. I think a wing of the hospital is named after us!!!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Bug bite, maybe? Is there anything that might've gotten stuck in her wrist (sliver or anything like that?).

Odd that she's got the swelling, but, no loss of ROM or motility. I know limiting HER activity is almost an effort in futility, but, she may just need a few days of R&R.

We've had a few hard frosts here already, so most of the bugs are long gone for the season. I checked very thoroughly, but found no evidence of any surface injury. The fact that the swelling has gone up/down/up/down depending on her activity level leads me to believe it is a soft tissue injury. So yes, she will be leashed even while in the yard for a while. Especially while in the yard. :rolleyes: Yesterday she had a blast chasing the neighbor kid's remote control airplane all over the place.

I expect she'll be driving us to drink very quickly with her I'm bored barking and general restlessness. Nutsy not-normal girlie. :lol

Riley's had a swollen wrist on and off for the past few months. We did xrays and everything and nothing showed up. He appears to be in no discomfort. The vet thinks it's arthritis. We tried Previcox with no change and he was on glucosamine/chondroitin (now he has been having stomach issues, so I stopped that for awhile). It seems to go up and down - some days it looks totally normal, other days it's quite swollen. I was panicked at first, but since it has gotten no worse in the last few months and he still does not seem to be in any pain, I am not stressing about it. I hope Alimony just has arthritis or something treatable. :grouphug

She does get fish oil and a half-dose of glucosamine every day as a matter of course. I may start giving her the full dose of glucosamine. Can't hurt. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.