Vet School Epilepsy And Genetics Study

I just found out about this study today when browsing the journal Veterinary Technician. Thought y'all might not know about this yet (and might want to participate).

http://cvm.ncsu.edu/epilepsyresearch/currentstudies.html

Genetics and Canine Seizures Study

The second investigation examines the various genetic sequences in normal dogs and dogs with epilepsy, to determine whether dogs that respond poorly to seizure medications have a specific genetic profile. This study is a joint venture between NC State faculty in the CVM department of Clinical Sciences and the Department of Genetics in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences as well as a researcher at Duke University. Drs. Karen Munana, Natasha Olby, from the CVM and. Greg Gibson, along with a team of graduate students.

The study is currently looking for epileptic dogs that are currently on antiepileptic medication from which to collect a blood sample. For more information contact Julie_osborne@ncsu.edu.

I thought since the ancestry of the hounds are so well followed we might be a great bunch to provide info for this. (If this has already been posted and I just missed it, sorry for the duplication!)

Toni and the gang, including one epileptic greyhound (seizure free for 51 weeks!!)

That looks like an interesting program. I hope they can find something to help the hounds & their people who suffer with this.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis