Billy's Ultrasound Is Scheduled For Tomorrow

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

Billy was having problems with vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss and not eating. He was diagnosed with pancreatitis and was scheduled to have an ultrasound a few weeks ago but it was cancelled. He is feeling better but due to my work schedule I haven't been able to reschedule his ultrasound until recently. He goes tomorrow afternoon. I will update when I get back. Please send some good thoughts for my boy.

Good thoughts and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest houndlover
I hope you get some help for Billy.

I guess it cannot be controlled through diet?

Let us know how it goes.

He was on anitbiotics for 10 days which seemed to help and he is on a special diet but the vet thought with his age and the reading that she got on the test results that it would be best to go ahead with the ultrasound. I was hesitant to do the ultrasound at first but this is the 2nd time the vet has suggested it.

Thanks for all of the good thoughts but I have to add that I feel stupid asking for good thoughts for my dog when so many people on this board are dealing with things that are worse than this (like osteo).

Just a thought: good thoughts are like candle flame--sending some one spot doesn't decrease the rest available for everyone else! Laws of physics do KNOT apply.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Sending more good thoughts and checking in. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Guest houndlover

We are back from the vet's and Billy was an excellent patient! I was so proud of him. They did lots of poking and proding and he didn't even growl.

The ultrasound results weren't anything that I didn't expect which is good. There weren't any masses or nodules and all of his organs look good except for his kidneys and bowels. The vet was not overly concerned with his bowels. She said that there was some thickening which could indicate and infection but she wasn't sure if that was causing the diarrhea or if it was secondary to the diarrhea.

Her biggest concern was his kidneys which had scar tissue on them. She said that on a scale of 1 to 4 it was only a 1 right now which is good. Billy had an ERD several years ago and tested positive so he has been on Purina n/f for a while now. I was not at all surprised that he had a problem with his kidneys and I was really expecting that they would find more things wrong with him. I am so glad that I finally had the ultrasound done b/c now I don't have to wonder whether he might have a mass or a bigger problem than we thought.

I will be making a few more dietary changes to see if that might clear up the diarrhea and he will stay on probiotics. Hopefully when he goes back in a month he will be feeling better.

Thank you all for the good thoughts. I really appreciate it. :)

Pretty good news! Good Boy Billy...you were very brave. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg