Schumi Update

Guest lanielovesgreys

Guest lanielovesgreys

I thought he was getting better. He's not. :( More accidents last night and the night before. And I can just tell that he's in pain. So I called the vet again and he agreed that the meds should be working by now. He wants to do exploratory surgery. :( I explained the problems with cost, and instead, we're going to do a catheder and air/dye thing to see if we can see anything from that. We take him in tomorrow. I'm going to give him a tranquilizer before we go. He's so scared of the vet. :(

Does anyone have any ideas? What could this be? The vet ruled out a UTI/bacterial infection, he said it's not from his food.

Symptoms: urgency, pain. We've done an xray, nothing showed up. We have not done an ultrasound yet, and that's on the menu for tomorrow. Any other suggestions?

Lanie, I am so sorry that things haven't cleared up. How are you? How is your husband doing? I hope that the vet can give you something to go on. Give Schumi hugs and scritches for me.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest lanielovesgreys
Lanie, I am so sorry that things haven't cleared up. How are you? How is your husband doing? I hope that the vet can give you something to go on. Give Schumi hugs and scritches for me.

Things are looking up at my house otherwise. We had round 2 of chemo yesterday and the doc thinks we can re-stage after the next round, cause he thinks we've got it all already. :confetti: DH is tired, and puking, but every day that we spend at the cancer wing reminds us how fortunate we air. It's like he's got a cold compared to what some of those people are going through. Not to mention the outpour of support we've recieved from everyone, everywhere. We're really blessed.

Thank you for asking! Now if we can just get this doggie bidness under control, things will be peachy. :)

Sending my prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest lanielovesgreys

The urine was cultured, and showed that it was a bacterial infection. However, he's not responding to antibiotics. We've tried 3. :(

Guest jvilches

Glad the news on the home front isn't all bad! Hope the vet visit is productive.

:grouphug Hugs all round, and extra scritches for poor Schumi.

Guest BlackandBrindle

My first thought is stones. I know that in people at least, the symptoms are often misdiagnosed as infection (they were with me).

Definitely do the ultrasound when you can. I think it's a much better option than exploratory surgery.

Poor Schumi and poor you! We're sending good thoughts for your husband and family :grouphug

Guest lanielovesgreys

Ok, I just talked to the doctor. Instead of exploratory surgery, he's going to sedate him, put the catheter in, and put some kind of dye in that will reveal... something. And also air? Made sense when he explained, but I can't tell you exactly now. Anyhoo, he says he'll see just as much as he would if he did an ultrasound, and then some. The benefit to the ultrasound is we can look in the upper urinary tract if we don't find anything. He thinks it's a better second step tomorrow than a first... and it'll be cheaper.

He says it seems like it's a bladder thing. He said it might be an obstruction, but he doesn't think so.

He's been great about answering my million questions. I'm gonna stick with this guy.

Cross your fingers that we get some concrete answers tomorrow, and that my poor boy will have some relief. If nothing else, I won't leave without pain meds. I'd post pictures of his widdle face, but it's just heartbreaking. One more day, my boy, just one more day.

Sending lots of prayers that Schumi's problem is diagnosed and your sweet boy will soon be feeling much better. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am keeping your poor boy in my prayers, feel better soon, Schumi! I hope his vet visit gives some answers as to what is wrong.

Guest lanielovesgreys

Well. Bad news. It's prostate cancer.

The vet says the pain is probably overwhelming. :( We're going to put him down today. Thanks for all your help guys. What a nightmare.

Oh No Lanie! I am so sorry! I know how much Schumi means to you and I so wish that you could have more time with him.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.