Yes, Its Another Poo Thread

Guest Morgaynn

Guest Morgaynn

Okay, I'm really confused by this....... Nike has been on the same food since her arrival last month as she was on for 4 months in prison. She was getting treats, but noticed that her stool loosened up so we stopped them completely. Treats are now limited to her kibble til I figure this one out....

Her first poo of the day is firm/normal and easy to pick up. Usually between 10-11am.. We attempt to walk several times during the day (training/spook issue) to no avail, so day trips are limited to the courtyard just out front of our apartment and she'll stay out long enough to pee and makes it a point to head back to the apartment. Come 8pm when its dark out shes ready to go out and do her thing.. The second poo is just slightly more consistant than pudding.... then about 4am when she wakes me (and is the most confident on her walks) to go out for another walk, its puddin poo and I rip up the grass hoping that I didn't leave anything behind.

Any thoughts on the cause? What I can do to keep her stool firm through out her "poo cycle"?

I wish I could help...one of my boys was like that but we put him on a differant food and his is fantastic. My other boy has constant pudding and worse...and we've tried just about everything.

Bump this along for you.

Guest Winterwish

Just want to mention for picking up loose #2's, or any poop. Bring newspaper with you,as Nike squats in postion to go,slide the newspaper beneath her,onto the ground,and the poop will go on the paper. Picking it up just would mean picking up the newspaper and folding it up to dispose. Using a bag to put it in if you choose.

Guest SoulsMom

I know that when Soul is excited or stressed his stools are looser. So, when we do meet and greets and I know he's in "party mode" I start adding pumpkin to his food a few days before and a few days after. But normally, Soul is also on a really good kibble that gives him 'bouncy poop'.

Except the past few days. He still has the pudding poo from his intestinal illness :(