What's The Deal With These Red Spots?

Guest KateWantsaGrey

Guest KateWantsaGrey

These look like bruises to me, but what could be causing them?? They are small, flat, red spots that seem to come and go every few days, on various parts of his body...

spots001.jpg

spots002.jpg

spots006.jpg

spots003.jpg

:unsure:huh :huh

So what could these be? Does anyone else get these?

Holly gets these a lot, there are three reasons she gets them - usually all at the same time :lol

first she and Linus (kitty) play rough, and I mean all out WWF wrestling rough :rolleyes: he bites her, she stomps on him, and the result is little red bruises

secondly she gets a bit overenthusiastic about washing herself and will sometimes 'nit' hard enough to bruise

and finally on walks in the woodland and sometimes in the garden she will crash through the undergrowth with no regard for personal safety (or the safety of my plants) and often gets small scratches and bruises from this. I have to be careful with these ones and have a special shampoo from the vets for when she gets these types of bruises and scratches to prevent them getting infected and irritated and itchy causing more and more enthusiastic washing/scratching which causes more bruises and more irritation etc etc etc but a quick clean with the stuff from the vets after a woodland walk stops it all :)

Pavé has a pink spotty belly and she gets these all the time too. :rolleyes:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Merlin gets these all the time too. Licking and chewing, etc. Nothing to worry about, and they go away after a few days. :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest KateWantsaGrey
Merlin gets these all the time too. Licking and chewing, etc. Nothing to worry about, and they go away after a few days. :)

that makes since. I've seen him licking and cleaning the places they show up, so I guess he just chomped himself a little too hard... :rolleyes::wub: