Broken Blood Vessels Inside The Ear

I was petting Hobbes a few minutes ago and noticed his left ear was really red. It looks like broken blood vessels or brushing or something like that. It's on the inside of the ear but also extends down in to the canal. Has anybody seen anything like this.

Also it wasn't like that earlier today and I'm sure he didn't hit his head on anything. It's been raining most of today so it's been a quite day at home.

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

I don't think it is from scratching. It extends all the way down the canal. It's hard to see from the pictures but it's a larger area deeper inside the ear. I just don't see how he could scratch that deep down.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

I have a dog with "waxy ears" and gave him a prescribed ointment which lead to him scratching to the point of bleeding and breaking the blood vessels. No big deal except he won't be getting any medication in the future.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."