Naples Ongoing Saga Of The Infections...

But at least the surgery might finally put an end to all this.

For a couple years now, on and off, Naples has had infections of her vagina. Not uncommon, from what I understand. Her vulva is very folded under, which keeps it moist and prone to infections.

So, she went to the vet again today, and we found that yet again, she has another infection. So she will be on two weeks of cephalexin, and I think I will call Monday to see what they want to do. It totally slipped my mind to ask the proper procedure when I was there today. DUH!

But the surgery will involve "straightening things out," so things will stay dry and healthy.

Maybe the boys will leave her alone now... We really don't have the money for this, but I guess if it's for her health... Grumble.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Misty has this problem because of skin folds. She also needs a vulvaplasty(sp) but we're not doing it because they said that I need to insure she won't be able to lick the area after surgery for 3 weeks. After trying all the collars and several other ideas, nothing will stop her from reaching that area. So what I've been doing is washing her after she pees and applying Desitin creamy to the area. Good luck with Naples, she is way too pretty to hurt!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending healing thoughts and prayers along with gentle hugs for all and scritches. So sorry she is going through all this, hope that the surgery will make everything better and easier.

Guest RocketDog

I fell your (and her) pain. Cassie is going to need an episioplasty to fix her hoohaa, but her irritation comes in waves. Chlorhexidine rinse and a wipedown keeps the owwies at bay normally, but every month or so she has a few days where she's more tender than normal. I feel bad making her wait due to money, but you do what you can with what you've got, eh?

I fell your (and her) pain. Cassie is going to need an episioplasty to fix her hoohaa, but her irritation comes in waves. Chlorhexidine rinse and a wipedown keeps the owwies at bay normally, but every month or so she has a few days where she's more tender than normal. I feel bad making her wait due to money, but you do what you can with what you've got, eh?

Good to know about the chlorhexadine. I had thought about trying that, but didn't know what it would do. I meant to ask the vet that oo, but also forgot (I need to start writing these things down!).

Do you just buy the stuff for dental rinse? We probably want to take a couple beasties somewhere for socializing today, so I could pick some up then. If it won't hurt, I may as well try it.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.