What Is "dermal Fibrosis"

Guest JoyceJ

Guest JoyceJ

When my nine year old Daniel went in for a dental last week, he had two lumps removed. One was on his hip and one was midway his back. Both looked "innocent" enough, were not attached to muscle, etc but I still asked for histopaths. I was told neither were malignant and that they were called "dermal fibrosis". Is that just a fancy word for an innocent condition or possibly an early sign of something more sinister?

I'll get a copy of the report and talk with our vet tomorrow. Guess I'm just looking for reassurance tonight. :dunno

Thanks!!!

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Dermal Fibrosis:

Dermal = skin

Fibrosis= fibroid mass

I am not a vet, but the classes (some pre-med stuff) that I have taken in the past, that is what I remember.

Sounds like a little knot of benign tissue. Were they in innoculation sites? I guess I'd ask the vet if they are indicators of anything later in life--like a pre-cancerous condition without actually being malignant.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04