Waggin Has A Limp

Guest carolyn

Guest carolyn

Waggin's front leg is bothering her. My husband took her to the vet & they can't find the problem. X-rays didn't reveal a problem, and Waggin wouldn't whimper or give them any clues about what part of her leg is hurting. She won't stand on the hurt leg. We've cut way back on her activity level & she has pain pills, which seem to help. She has a wart on her shoulder of the hurt leg the vet would like to biopsy. And I've noticed she licks her "wrist" (what do you call this joint in a greyhound?) and it's possible the limp is worse on rainy days. Maybe this is arthritis? She's only 5 years old. I am worried about her. Advice anyone?

Did you check her feet to see if she had corns? If only they could tell us what was wrong.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest joedogs_mom
Did you check her feet to see if she had corns? If only they could tell us what was wrong.

yes -- be sure to check for corns! hoping it's something as minor as corns!!! thinking of you...

No corns, I checked for that and I know Carolyn and Chris did too.

Carolyn-

Waggin spent most of her time on a bed or on the rug while she stayed with me. She hated going outside because the patio hurt her feet, and the acorns in the yard didn't help her either. Maybe there are corns that are deeply embedded and haven't emerged? It seems to me that the texture of the surface you walk on wouldn't affect arthritis the same way. But I'm no expert. If you want, I can give you my vet's number. She helped me with Echo when she hurt her hip. We've been good friends for years.

| Rachel | Dewty, Trigger, and Charlotte | Missing Dazzle, Echo, and Julio |

dewttrigsnowsig.jpg
Learn what your greyhound's life was like before becoming part of yours!
"The only thing better than the cutest kitty in the world is any dog." -Daniel Tosh

Keep checking her pads, Andy's corn didn't appear for several weeks after he started limping. We had him to the vet and he check really well as did we and about 4 weeks later the corn finally appeared.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee