Nge

Guest greytbookert

Guest greytbookert

Can anyone put into layman's terms what NGE is and how it is treated?

oh and if anyone knows about a"rare for of lens coloboma" that info is needed as well....

Edited by greytbookert

Wow I looked it up and now understand your need for layman's terms. :lol I had one heck of a time understanding the disease but what I did get out of it is that it's treated with steroids. Can't be more help than that, sorry.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greytbookert
Wow I looked it up and now understand your need for layman's terms. :lol I had one heck of a time understanding the disease but what I did get out of it is that it's treated with steroids. Can't be more help than that, sorry.

Yep, that's all I got out of what I read too... I'm just trying to understand it, as there is a chance that a hound with that disease, dx'd in 2006 could be coming to live with us. We'll of course bring her to the vet but I wanted to get a head start on learning about it.

The human explanation of lens problem was a bit easier to understand than the canine sites.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greytbookert
The human explanation of lens problem was a bit easier to understand than the canine sites.

Thanks! ok, now I understand the coloboma part, which is good... now I'll to try and really understand this NGE stuff :) nodular granulomatous episcleritis :huh From what I see in the opthamology report, she was prescribed Prednisolone acet 1% susp 5ML and Tacrolimus Aq .02% eye drop 10ml. From my discussions with the hound's current owner, she hasn't had been given these meds in quite some time :( and I hope the condition hasn't progressed. The poor girlies eyes look all red and uncomfortable.