Sassy Update

Guest Peanut

Guest Peanut

For those of you wondering how she was doing after her on going sporadic vomiting issues that resulted in a vet visit. The vet visit resulted into learning that she is going blind in one eye and her lymph nodes were enlarged -- in addition to a guessing game of what was going on. The vet began treatment for a possible ulcer -- 7 days of meds and on a bland diet. When I began to put her back on her regular diet as recommended by the vet, she started to refuse to eat again. That seemed to be the start of the vomiting cycle. So, i gave her what she would eat -- pasta and meat -- to avoid the cycle.

Last weekend, she refused to eat breakfast of any kind -- even all her favorites. Did take a noodle and little meat from my hand but that was it. The same day, she struggled with going poo. Not getting the poo out, but holding the squat to do a normal poo. She was shaking really bad and i had to help steady her so she could go. Saturday evening, dbf daughter (6) finally got her to eat and she ate her regular meal of pasta and meat. Since then she's been eating fine and has balance to poo.

As of today, her eyes are still getting blurrier and her lymph nodes seem larger -- but those are the only symptoms. Her coat is still dull/shedding and her weight is still down even though she is eating more than she should for her size. DBF thinks she might be loosing again, but she looks the same to me. Her meals consist of a handful of cooked egg noodles (she loves these), 2-4 oz green tripe, and 8-10 ground raw (turkery/chicken/beef) with bone and ground veggies. I've been giving her extra treats and she cleaned out the peanut butter jar last night. She's silly and playful and enjoying our short walk around the block. For 9 1/2 -- that's as long as she can handle for a walk or I have to carry her back.

That's are update.... still holding strong and we've been puke free for 4 wks! she's currently snoozing on her bed in front of the slider enjoying the breeze.

Hope she keeps improving, day by day. Keeping her in my prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Hope she keeps improving, day by day.

:nod Sending all manners of good thoughts!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending prayers and white light for the pretty little lady. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Peanut

Thanks everyone!!

She's hanging in there.... She was full of it today... And I swear last night she slept on my pillow on the couch flip channels with the remote as I found them both there this morning.

So...she was a busy girl last night! :wub: Way to go honey...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest paulamariez

I will keep your sweet Sassy in my prayers. I hope and pray she keeps eating and gets well! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Sassy some healing doggie kisses.