Head Tremors

Her thyroid was just checked in March. All OK. The thing with the cookie is that 1) it's dried chicken strip (no sugar) and 2) it stopped IMMEDIATELY, no time for it to hit her system. Mybe just the activity of eating or the brain sencing that she was about to eat ???

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Peanut
Her thyroid was just checked in March. All OK. The thing with the cookie is that 1) it's dried chicken strip (no sugar) and 2) it stopped IMMEDIATELY, no time for it to hit her system. Mybe just the activity of eating or the brain sencing that she was about to eat ???

huh... weird. Byers All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream is suppose to work, too. I was going to say it is her "mind" moving on to something else that stops the tremor, but then the other things she is doing would stop it, too.

Robin, he had various physical tests but he never did the tremor in front of the neurologist so it was the video clips we had to rely on.

I can't go along with the sugar idea for Maddison either because most of the time we have him a toy rather than something to eat.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest EmilyAnne

Many vets will show you how to check the glucose level at home if you are concerned that could be the problem. That way you can check it immediately after the head tremor episode.

EmilyAnne- BUT if the glucose IS low and by eating "anything" it stops immediately, it probably is not the glucose. BTW- this particular episiode was about an hour after dinner so I highly doubt it was blood sugar.

At least I have it on camera to show the vet now.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmilyAnne
EmilyAnne- BUT if the glucose IS low and by eating "anything" it stops immediately, it probably is not the glucose. BTW- this particular episiode was about an hour after dinner so I highly doubt it was blood sugar.

At least I have it on camera to show the vet now.

Actually, I think eating 'anything' can help. I once brought my diabetic dog into the vet, and he checkes his glucose, and the vet was very alarmed and immediately gave Alfalfa a can of dog food before he did anything else. He didn't give him anything sweet. So I'm not sure. You'd have to ask your vet to know for sure.

But, an hour after dinner? Yeah, that makes me doubt it's his glucose level too.

Guest JustJack

My first Greyhound had the exact same tremors. We took her to a neurologist, had a full work up and found nothing wrong. He suggested getting another Greyhound for her which we did. The tremors got better, but up until her passing at 15 yrs, she would have them once in awhile. We found that if we fed her anything the tremors would stop. I never knew why. The tremors never seemed to bother her and obviously did not affect her longevity. Good luck to you.