Leftover Meds

Guest Redpack

Guest Redpack

I have tramadol and an anti-inflammatory leftover from treating Diplomat. Am I allowed to donate that to my group, or would that be illegal like it is with human medications?

My vet who also runs a local adoption group will accept meds as donations that he has prescribed. It's worth a try, seems a shame to waste... :(

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest snakes

i found some groups willing to take donated meds. Try contacting some rescue groups. there are a few posts if you search here on this topic. As long as the group is a non-profit that you donate to it is legal (i researched it extensively after questions were raised here).

Guest MAXNAV
I have tramadol and an anti-inflammatory leftover from treating Diplomat. Am I allowed to donate that to my group, or would that be illegal like it is with human medications?

I dontated my leftover meds back to my vet to give to someone who maybe couldn't afford meds for their pet. They keep them handy, and help especially the elderly who are on a fixed income, so that they don't have to give up their pets.

Yes, you can donate them back to your group. Your medical coordinator will be grateful. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

And just another idea if your group won't take them. The galgos always are in need of donated meds. Scooby always appreciates any donations for them. Diplomat is smiling

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

When my Dalmatian went to the bridge, I had several months of her Viokase ($140 a bottle!), plus several types of pain meds (including controlled substances), antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory medication, and 29 pounds of prescription dog food (she had Pancreatic Insufficiency). Since Pancreatic Insufficiency is most prevalent in German Shepherds, I contacted one of the local Shepherd Rescue groups. They were thrilled to get the meds and food as they had several dogs with PI. They received approximately $500 worth of supplies they didn't have to pay for and I got a tax break.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Dr. Suzanne Stack , I think she's in NM or AZ, will accept meds to send to the galgos in Spain. I donated all of Cody's meds to her...

Don't have her contact info but someone on GT must!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Redpack

I'm contacting my dogs' foster mom. She's in contact with several groups. Thanks. I didn't know if it was legal to pass them along.