Help

Guest GiJenn51

Set up a safe place for her. Carolina usually goes for the bathroom or hops up on the couch and gets into a tiny ball.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

We are suffering through this right now. Vicky gets worse with each storm. We have been using benadryl when we have advanced warning. She did fairly well with the fireworks, and actually it was Dip who I thought was going to lose it completely (the cat?!?). During storms, Vicky paces the house, panting, heart racing. I've tried covering the crate, putting a t-shirt on her, playing the music. She digs for China behind the couch, in the closet, behind the toilet. During today's storm it appeared Shadow was standing at the closet door laughing at her. If she can ever get comfortable on the boxes and under the clothes she will stay in my closet throughout the storm. It is getting her in there... We are in Florida Vicky! It storms daily!

Guest LindsaySF

Cody has been having a lot of problems lately too. We have had a ton of thunderstorms in CT in the last few weeks, and then the 4th of July fireworks nearly did him in.

He used to just hide in the bathroom, or in his crate during a storm, and was mostly fine. Lately he has been pacing and panting and peeing in weird places. We took his crate down over a year ago so I brought it out again, and he didn't want it. I covered it with a sheet, covered him with a sheet, put his bed in the bathroom, laid down with him, everything, no go.

Finally we went upstairs to my bedroom and he hopped up on the bed, hid under the covers, and went to sleep. :huh I guess he felt more comfortable there than anywhere else in the house. Now at the first sign of storms we go to my room, and he is better in there.