Scooping Poop

Guest youngINlove

How Often...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. If your dogs use a back yard, how often do you scoop?

• once a week
    • multiple times each week
    • once a day
    • multiple times each day
    • none of the above...please explain

We scoop immediately after das poop! With 4 dogs; 2 of which are poop eaters & 2 of which always seems to step in it, we can't afford not to scoop immediately.

Guest hermione

Our dog door leads them out to a seperate fenced in area for them to poop in. We got rid of the grass and put pea stone down so they wouldn't run in the area just do their business. When they are in the grass area we pick it up as soon as it hits the ground; no one wants to be stepping in smelly poop.

The Dude, for all his coolness, is an inveterate and unrepentant poop-eater. So we scoop at least once a day. Cash doesn't eat it, but she doesn't seem to see it either, so we scoop so she doesn't step in it! Copper doesn't eat poop or step in it, but he does eat dirt, so, again, we try and keep the yard clean.

It's both harder and easier as the weather warms up. The poops dry up and get unsmelly faster, but the flies and other disgusting crawlies find it faster. We double bag and put it in the trash (yes, that's what our trash company said to do), and twice or three times a week in warm weather. My favorite time of year is cold and windy - they just dry up and don't weigh anything so the bags are real light.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Wow, am I negligent. Our cat poops in the yard daily, but Argos does an excellent job of "scooping" that. The dogs are walked twice a day so most pooping is done on walks, when it is picked up. Every couple of weeks my husband announces that he's going to scoop the yard, so I think that's how often we do it. :)

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest VaGreymom

We have 5 girls and I pick up as soon as it hits the ground as I have one poop eater. Plus we have a pool and in the summer everyone gathers around the pool and we don't want to smell it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greytloves

1 acre, 3 dogs, hotter then heck with mosquitos to boot, so I scoop once every couple of weeks, or let the lawn mower wack it to bits! I know, I know should do it more, but not being home during the day, who wants to start or end their day picking up poop?

I do have a little song when I do it, it goes "Scoop the poop, baby, scoop the poop" over and over again until I have a rhythm going (which is probably never!)