Stewie Hit A Tree This Morning

Guest Kitty_cat

Guest Kitty_cat

Has this happened to your hounds before? He wasn't looking where he was going (running with a Golden) and BAM! :eek his hip hit the tree quite hard. He tumbled and yelped. He's putting weight on it but it's obviously sore. I have an appt tonight at the vet. I'm worried what i'll find when i get home from work, ie: lots of swelling and bruising. Or maybe it'll be nothing and he'll be fine, who knows... Weird accident eh? Have other hounds run into trees?

Guest BlackandBrindle

Not trees, but everything else :rolleyes:

Spud is less than graceful when he's not running and bumps into things.... lots.

Hope everything is fine- more than likely it should be. Let us know how the vet appt goes!

Guest Kitty_cat

He's OK! We just went for a walk and he's fine. Maybe a bit stiff but that's it :colgate I'm frankly surprised, it looked bad this morning. I'm very happy!!

He's OK! We just went for a walk and he's fine. Maybe a bit stiff but that's it :colgate I'm frankly surprised, it looked bad this morning. I'm very happy!!

Thank you for the update, I'm glad he's okay

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Fiona bounced off a tree in our yard while chasing a squirrel about 3 years ago. She scooped out a chunk of skin and hair that looked really nasty as well as having a sore hip. The vet checked her over and treated the wound. She has a half-moon scar where the injury healed. They all just run at top speed without focusing on what's ahead of them. Glad Stewie is feeling better now.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest diggerspeed

my dash and alex went running out the back door in to the yard and dash tripped over the drain for the gutter spout then slammed his hip into the down spout. complety crushed the spout and spun him around, i was terrified what the result of that would be. he was a bit stunned for a bit then seemed to walk it off and never showed anything from there. dont see how they do those things. some how they bounce back.

Awwww...feel better soon honey. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.