Various Things Going On, All At Once

I JUST noticed on Chloe's needlenose there is a tiny patch of black missing. It's pink. Teeny, tiny, 1/2 the size of my pinky fingernail.

I believe she has a UTI and I just collected her pee to drop off and started her on the clavamox and I just noticed her nose was dripping clear fluid.

I called the vet AGAIN and offered to pay for their "immediate" care for an addional $30.00. So, I have a 9PM appointment but at least my baby will be taken care of this evening. I hate making her wait if she is uncomfortable.

She appears 100% fine and happy, thank goodness.

Fingers crossed for nothing serious, for my baby girl.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am not a vet by any means, nor do I have any experience with this, but I also noticed that you have a thread wondering about a patch on her belly that is changing pigment. I don't want to scare you but I thought changing pigment could be a sign of Lupus. I could be wrong on that and would love for someone to tell me that I am, nicely of course! :) But, you might want to check that out. I tried a brief search of GT posts and didn't come up with anything definitive, so that's a good sign, but you may want to do a more in depth search of your own. Please keep us posted. :grouphug

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

Guest SoulsMom

Soul's nose has the pink patches and he has Discoid Lupus. Is her nose "cobblestony" or smooth? Soul's pink spots are mostly in the corners of the nostrils . . .

NO NO NO....Chloe IS going to be fine.When you taker her in tonight, if they don't suggest it...please ask them to grow a culture on the urine.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I took a picture to show you but wouldn't you know that photobucket is down. I have to take a shower as I am still is work clothes and make up from 7 am this morning, I've been feeding them and cleaning carpet. Then I have to feed my PITA Polli sweet heart and then run over to the vet.

DH offered to take her, but she will be scared out of her mine so I'd rather go with her.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Sending prayers...I'll check back for updates. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

***UPDATE***

Just got back from vet.

Pigment on nose-- don't worry. Looks like some sort of trauma

Dripping nose- don't worry-- it was clear, could be allergies.

Urine-- YUCK. It did have blood in it, (hematuria) so we will keep her on the clavamox for 10 datys. The UA will come back tomorrow and the culture & sensitivity will take till Friday or Saturday.

She had a full blood panel done in February so the vet was not overly concerned about her kidneys.

I asked about stones since I know that hematuria often shows up with stones. Dogs don't get kidney stones, they get bladder stones and GH don't normally get bladder stones. IF the culture comes back negative, we will do a bladder x-ray. Basically we are hoping that something shows up in the culture so that we can treat it and forget it!

So, all in all, not too bad.

Oh and she didn't charge me the extra $30.00 for the emergency visit

Great!! Poor little girl probably has a UTI like you thought. That's good that they're growing a culture so if another antibiotic is needed you'll know. I know how worried you were, hope you feel better now. I know you'll keep us posted. Thanks!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless