Limping?

Guest patti909

Guest patti909

I just read a very sad thread about a grey that was diagnosed with cancer at 9 and it all started with a limp.

Gracie is 9 and she recently stated limping.

I need to get it looked at, if no other reason than to ease my mind.

Guest myjazzy

If you haven't yet, check her pads for corns first. If not, I hope it's just that she overdid it playing or something like that, but I would go get an x-ray, like you said, for peace of mind.

Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Patti- I can't begin to count how many times my pack has been limping. Polli- my now 9.5 limped for 6 weeks. I had had her xrayed.

Chloe has an old injury that flares up from time to time and beau sometimes, out of the blue will be tripoding. Sometimes that will last 3 weeks.

Currently, Teddy is limping severely and we are doing acupunture to try and help him.

What I am trying to say is that it isn't always something horrible. One step at a time. Have her checked out and go from there if it doesn't relieve itself in 3 days or so.

When is she going to the vet?

You've got my prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest patti909

Gracie is being checked on Friday. I really think is arthritis; she tens to limp the most in th emorning just after getting up. This morning she let me massage her shoulder where it seems to be the worst, and if you knew Gracie and her hatred of being too close, you'd know being massages is a big deal for her. The massage did seem to help and she then could get up to go outside. She may just need soem pain med for the stiffness.

She should be on Glucosomine, and other really good supplements. Polli and my others are and Polli thinks she is 4!!!

www.greyhoundgang.com

Alll proceeds from the sale go to the hounds.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

I'm sorry, and praying for good results.

My 11 year old Payne has been limping for about a month now - turns out he has a slipped disc (ouch) and has just finished a series of rymidal (sp?). The meds did wonders for his limp, but last night we came home to explosive Big D and massive vomiting... took him in today for blood work and exrays. Xrays are OK, we'll know blood results tomorrow. Hoping the meds didn't cause intestinal ulcers.... Payne is sound asleep now, finally. It was a very rough day and night.

Good luck, and don't panic... there could be lots of other reasons, and I hope everything turns out fine.

Jackie and Payne

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest patti909
She should be on Glucosomine, and other really good supplements. Polli and my others are and Polli thinks she is 4!!!

www.greyhoundgang.com

Alll proceeds from the sale go to the hounds.

whew, its not cancer! i was in a mild panic as she appeared to get worse.

the x-rays showed calcification in her elbow. not much that can be done about that, but she is on pain meds for mow and appears to feeling no pain for the moment.

and they put her on Glucosomine and condroiton.

All your dogs should be on it. Make sure they are getting the recommmended daily allowance or it will be for naught.

PM me for info if you want.