Now Ace Is Limping!

A few weeks ago I had Fritz to the vet because his outer toe on his left rear foot was suddenly very swollen and it was painful for him to walk...xray showed it wasn't broken or dislocated, nor did it have a tumor. Doc speculated he'd probably stepped on something and it was infected. He was on a course of cephalexin and we TRIED to soak his foot, which I thought would be easy, but it wasn't :rolleyes: The toe is still puffy, but he's walking just fine.

On Saturday Ace started limping...her right front leg. I checked out her foot and she had a piece of mud stuck in her pad, so I pulled it out, thinking that was it. Still limping. I manipulated her leg and her toes and got no reaction from her. Yesterday we got up and she was still limping...looked at her leg and toes again and it looks like the outer toe is swollen, she pulls her foot away from me when I squeeze the joint. *sigh* what is going on?

I went out in the yard and did a THOROUGH inspection of the yard, wondering if they've stepped on something (when we moved in there was some broken glass embedded in the ground in a part of the yard so I check it often to see if any more has surfaced)...I can't find a single thing out there that they could be stepping on, I don't see any collections of bug nests or anything like that either, so unless they're both just so lucky to have come in contact with a toe biting spider, I'm at a complete loss!

So, we'll be off to the vet tomorrow for a 4:30 appointment for the two of them...a recheck for Fritzy's toe and a check and probable xray on Ace's toe...

Both of them are happy and waggy as usual, no change in appetite or demeanor. They just haven't been running out in the yard...

They're 7 years old now, I hate to think that this is happening because they're getting "old" :unsure

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

It's always something isn't it!? I sure hope all is OK for both yor pups.

With my 4, it's rare that I have a day without one of them having a limp for one reason or another.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

We're home from the vet...Doc says Ace's thing looks like a soft tissue injury, so, rest mostly, and he sent her home with some Deramaxx if I think she needs it. He also said that Fritz can have the Deramaxx too as that might help with the inflammation of his toe, and he is to rest as well.

SO, potty time is taking longer because Ace and Fritz will each go out alone, then Pinky and Skimmie can go out together...and hopefully our old toes will start to feel better soon!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Good news it's nothing worse.

Wonder if she sprained it, or dislocated it and popped it back in herself.

Hope she is better soon!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.