Red & Swollen Girlie Parts

Happy Memorial Day!

I'm here in Chicago with my in laws, and one of my brother in law's huskies has red & swollen girlie bits. She doesn't seem to have a fever, she's got a good appetite, but she's really licking it. We can't tell if it's red because she's licking it or if it could be something else. Any ideas? Obviously don't want to be overly dramatic and just rush to the e-vet if they can avoid it...

Thanks!

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

I'd have her checked for a UTI and to also see if there is something else going on. Sometimes when they have something going on in that area they will lick at it and make it worse.

edited to add: I don't think it's an e-vet visit, she can wait until her vet is open.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest sheila

it probably is an infection but I will throw this idea out there just in case. Is her fur thick enough in the area to become a bit matted? I had a furry dog once with the same issue and it was due to urine burn because when she peed the urine remained on the fur around the area.

She'd probably feel a bit better if the area were flushed gently with room-temp water, then patted dry.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just wanted to say thanks for the ideas. She seems to be feeling better, but is still licking, so they'll be taking her to the vet this afternoon.

Tkachuk says thank you! And just so you know who you're helping, here she is:

Thachuk04-04-052.jpg

and with her sister Roenick:

TkachukandRoenick.jpg

Edited by CMoon75
gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~