Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia

Just looking for anyone who has some experience with or knowledge of CLL. Luke's flow cytometry report came back from CSU. He has CD8+ T-cell lymphocytosis consistent with CLL & his history, with multiple CBCs, blood chems & various tick panels, seems to confirm this diagnosis. I just faxed off his records to OSU & am also waiting for a return call from my vet. We've been slowly working towards this diagnosis, basically knowing for some months that this is what it would come down to. If you are going to have leukemia this type is the best you could hope for. We are treating him & he is acting like a healthy, normal senior Grey. He still appears asymptomatic & I expect him to be around for quite a while longer. Just hoping for some info from other pet owners who may have gone through this.

Thanks,

Laura

Guest paulamariez

No experience here, but I'll keep your precious Luke in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Luke some healing doggie kisses.

No canine experience, but my mother (age 76) has CLL. You are right........if you're going to have leukemia-this is the one that you want. My mother is on no treatment.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

No canine experience, but my mother (age 76) has CLL. You are right........if you're going to have leukemia-this is the one that you want. My mother is on no treatment.

Am very sorry your mother has CLL. Glad she is not needing treatment. Hope she is still feeling well.

OSU is suggesting chemo but right now I have not intention of doing that. (Am inclined to say never but I know better.) We are just supporting his immune system but otherwise treating him like a heathly senior. Now that OSU Greyhound folks & Dr Couto have looked at Luke's records I will get my vet to consult with them.