Leg/foot Going Numb?

This has only happened 3 times total. One day last week, after Zelda had been sleeping on one of their dog beds for awhile (at least 1 1/2 hours), she went to get up and held her right front paw in the air, then after about 5 minutes she was able to walk on it again. Then on Sunday after being in her crate while we were gone, she came out and her left hind leg must have been numb from sleep as she wouldn't put the foot on the floor, and when she did it either didn't support her weight or tingled so much that she picked it back up, although it looked numb like when our feet/legs fall asleep and we try to walk on them before they're awake. We checked her feet/legs when this happened and couldn't find anything wrong with them...then her same hind leg did it again later on Sunday. Is this something to worry about or is it possible her feet/leg were still asleep? Nothing has happened since then and we've been watching her closely...we've never seen this happen to Pop.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

My Beau tripods from time to time. When he had his dental last week, I had the vet take a series of pictures and nothing showed up.

Beau had a serious accident on that a year ago so I am not surprised he has issues with it, I just don;t know wht causes him to tripod. I hope your babies is nothing serious.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My old girl did this several times.....as if she had slept funny on her leg or had cramp. I just massaged the affected leg and hip area as it was her left back leg and walked her around for a few minutes once she could put weight on it again. I think it just 'went to sleep' like with people sometimes.

Sue from England

ok, that's what I was thinking....

Although today at dinnertime, I think she may have pulled a muscle...I wasn't feeling too greyt, so b/f fed them and let them out...well she came in huffing = running with neighbor dog, which I wasn't too thrilled about as our grass is still alittle wet from all the rain yesterday...she comes in and is now limping on her right front leg...she went and laid down after we checked her over and after a couple of hours got up and was limping worse, so I massaged that should all the way down and felt all down her leg but couldn't fell anything out of the ordinary...so now my question is, how long should I wait for her leg improve before hauling her to the vets? Is there anything I can give her to ease the soreness? I just let her out again and she came back in and didn't limp nearly as much, but it is obviously painful to walk on it as she is limping...and she's not the type to do things for attention (that would be Pop)

My rule is usually, if dog won't use the leg; if dog uses the leg but continually vocalizes about it; if any significant swelling or redness, vet. Otherwise, if it's worse the next day or not better in two days, in to the vet.

Hope she's just sore!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My rule is usually, if dog won't use the leg; if dog uses the leg but continually vocalizes about it; if any significant swelling or redness, vet. Otherwise, if it's worse the next day or not better in two days, in to the vet.

Hope she's just sore!

ok thanks...she is using it, just limping, so hopefully it'll heal itself...I'll just make sure to rub it down tomorrow as well...her and Pop love to run the fence line with the neighbor's pug and at one point they end up behind our shed so we can't see if they fall down back there, but like I said I wasn't feeling too hot so I didn't feed them, b/f did, but not blaming him as there's nothing he could do to stop them from running with neighbor's pug.