Grey Hardly Drinks And Is Warm

our grey hardly drinks water and not till the end of the day. on hot days i worry cause u could see she is dehydrated. i gave her some soup in her water which then she will drink. any other suggestions? i hate to give broth daily. she does eat ice but not too many at a time.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest sheila

when one of my dogs went on a water strike for no known reason I started tossing a handful of kibble in the water dish. He would drink up the bowl of water to get at the kibble. Toss anything your dog likes to eat into the water dish and see if that helps.

Guest paulamariez

My Bueller is the same way. He's actually been to the vet for bloodwork and the results came back that he was severely dehydrated! I felt like such a bad mom! Do you add water to her dog food? I add a little water to the dog chow and make a little gravy and Bueller loves to drink that. I know some dogs can't tolerate dairy products, but Bueller can without any tummy or gut upsets, so we give him a little 1% milk that is watered down multiple times a day. Bueller cannot resist that and it's a heck of a lot easier than cooking broth every day! At least this way we KNOW that Bueller's actually drinking something. Another little thing to try, is sometimes, if you carry the water bowl over to Bueller, he'll take a bunch of slurps. Maybe that will entice your girl a bit to think she's getting something special! We tried the broth trick with Bueller too and he'd only eat it if there were noodles in it! Hope I gave you an idea or two!

Paula Marie and Tiger, Bueller and Domino

One of my girls wasn't drinking enough and she was prone to UTI's so I started giving her gatorade. Vet thought it was a good idea and she hasn't had a UTI since. Just another idea

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest EmilyAnne

I switched Henry to bottled water from a good quality source, Henry now drinks a lot more water. I think he sensed something harmful in our tap water. (flouride and chlorine, flouride by the way is linked to bone cancer)

Guest IrskasMom

Gatorade or Pedyalite is actually a good Source . Watered down maybe even better . I always bring Water with me to the

Park when I Have my Grand-Dogs with me . Morty never touches the Water outside the Home. How about Ensure watered

down .... give it try .

thank u all for the suggestions. I did try vitamin water and that sometimes works. I will try putting kibble in the water bowl. she will probably slurp at that to get to the food. The watered down milk idea sounds good too, and the gatorade. I love this website. I have learned so much. ty all for the great ideas.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest mdituro
Gatorade or Pedyalite is actually a good Source . Watered down maybe even better .

I agree! I have used both of these products for dehydration. When Orley gets dehydrated, he prefers the Pedialyte but Gatorade works for him, too. FYI, the generic pediatric electrolyte solutions DO NOT taste the same & Orley stuck his nose up at them so don't waste your $$! (BTW, Orley has kidney issues which is why he becomes dehydrated EASILY.)

The above being said, I am curious, do you have any idea what is causing the dehydration? Is it a physical/medical issue or an environmental one? The reason I ask is, even if you are re-hydrating appropriately, it will just keep recurring if you don't get to the bottom of it. Essentially, you're treating a symptom, not the problem. Recurring dehydration can lead to serious medical issues so it really would be better if you could treat the problem sooner rather than later. Just my opinion. :blush