Bone Cysts?/ Bone Infection?/ Calcium Deposit?

Guest Hollys2hounds

Guest Hollys2hounds

Does anyone have any photos or information about bone abnormalities other than osteo?

Lexy is an almost 4 year old, who has developed a bump on her leg-- right leg, by wrist joint. It is hard to the touch, but no pain at all.

her hair fully covers it. She pays no attention to it at all. No licking, no additional grooming, nothing.

She runs, jumps, and plays constantly. She is eating, and seems to be in great health with the exception of this bump. The bump is very round in nature, not like a hill (graduating upward).

It is the size of a small cherry tomato.

I am not sure when exactly it appeared, but we have been monitering it for the last 3 weeks. At first, the vet though it was bad, but then, basing it on the lack of pain, or swelling, we decided to moniter it, and do x-rays next week.

.... does anyone have any experience with anything like this?

I am scared.

Lexy did have an injury to both of her front legs, and I am wondering if she could have had a fracture that never healed correctly... or could it be a recent fracture?

I am watching her sleep as I am typing, and she has her leg bent -- so again, there is no pain, no lameness, just a bump????

Any ideas? X-rays are next week.

Edited by Hollys2hounds

Sending prayers. Please update us as you can. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greyt2love

Chloe has a lump in the same area but I know that it came from a poorly healed break. Prayers for Lexie that her's is something similar.

Oh Holly- I am praying to G-D that this is nothing to be alarmed about.

I'm glad you made the appoitnment. Try to enjoy your weekend and give hugs to your sweet "maniac" and know that we are with you in thoughts and prayers.

Much love,

Robin

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Ryan has a lump on his back leg - his showed up a couple of years ago and it was painful for him and was swollen and red and hot. They wanted to do a cone biopsy, I said no thanks. We consider it a hygroma - we think he just whacked his leg and it swelled up and now he just has a lump.

On a daily basis, it isn't causing him pain

I would get an x-ray as soon as possible. Many things, if caught early enough, are treatable.

If your vet wants to do a biopsy, ask for a fine needle biopsy. Dr Couto is doing that routinely for bone biopsies rather than cone biopsies. Fine needle gives them a big enough sample for diagnosis, and doesn't weeken the bone.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest HeatherDemps

I too would encourage you to have the x-rays done as soon as possible. A bone issue does not always equal something horrible. My grey was diagnosed with osteo and there was never any noticeable bump or lump - he started limping and that is how we found it. I think bone infections are not that common but it could be any number of things- she could have bumped it against something, etc. I also second not doing a bone biopsy as this is supposed to be very painful and a FNA could give an answer. The x-rays will tell you more about what is going on- and the sooner you have the information, the sooner you can put your mind to rest and get whatever it is treated. Prayers that it is something minor!

Guest FreddyGirl

Holly,

Try to have a restful weekend. Hope you get an answer to this problem soon. Freddy, Molly, Bobbi and I all send best wishes to Lexy and you all. Keep us posted!

Nancy