Please Send Prayers

Guest Hollys2hounds

Guest Hollys2hounds

Ok, (deep breath) so about 2+ weeks ago, Lexy and Gunner were playing in the yard when I heard a loud yelp. DS thought it was Lexy but wasn't sure.

Lexy came in from outside, and it looked like her ankle was a bit swollen, but she was walking fine, and didn't seem to be in any pain. Swelling seemed to go away in a few hours. About a week after this, I noticed that there was a small bump on her ankle, but again, no pain, walking fine, and mood/eating/ etc. were fine.

I went on business cross country for a week, and every time I phoned home and asked about the pups DH and DS said all was well.

I got home late on Sunday night, and Lexy gave me the best welcome EVER! She was spinning in circles, jumping, playing, throwing toys etc. :clap:yay

In the morning I noticed that Lexy had developed a bump (while I was away) that looks like 1/2 of a cherry tomato. BUT STILL SHE RACES AROUND THE YARD CONSTANTLY. Walking is fine, running is fine, mood is fine, eating is fine, etc.

I took her to the vet today, and at first, I could tell by his face, he was not pleased. HOWEVER,

There is absolutely no lameness or pain in the area at all.

She does have some old injuries,... and perhaps it is a calcium deposit??? callous? or perhaps a fracture that healed wrong.

We decided to wait about a week do x-rays--- in the mean time monitoring her ankle constantly.

I am getting really scared. I looked up a paper by Dr. Couto, and the photos look just like Lexy's leg.

Lexy is only 4... that is she is turning 4 in June. I am so scared. Any advice, and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest jettcricket
I am getting really scared. I looked up a paper by Dr. Couto, and the photos look just like Lexy's leg.

Lexy is only 4... that is she is turning 4 in June. I am so scared. Any advice, and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey Holly...when you say that the photo looks like Lexy's leg, what did the photo say it was?

I'm sure she's fine....but I certainly understand your concern.

I will be praying for your little girl.

Please let us know as soon you find out what it is.

Guest paulamariez

Keeping Lexy in my prayers for a quick healing! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending her lots of healing doggie kisses too!

Holly- I know how scared you are. I truly believe she is OK. Wait a few more days and bring her in for xrays IF it doesn't get any better.

Talk to you later.

Robin

~We love you Lexy~

your sister, Chloe

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project