Listerine

Always looking for new ways to help in the teeth department and bad breath. I ask our vet if you could use Listerine as a spray. And he said if you dilute it to a 8:1 ratio it should be all right. Has anyone tried this with there greyhounds? Sounds like it wouldn't hurt.

Woolfy

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kunder

St. Charles Mo.

Litter#: Tuf 72180 Crossed over the Bridge 7-5-05, D.O.G. 55539 Cross over the bridge, Peek-A-Boo 60707 Cross over the bridge, Romeo 97537, Julie 26989

Guest BlackandBrindle

I would also check to make sure it doesn't have things like Xylitol which can be very harmful for dogs. I use it for myself but I'm not familiar with the ingredient list.

I had a vet tell me that even diluted, Listerine contains some ingredient that is harmful to the dogs when swallowed - it was over 2 years ago when this happened, so, unfortunately I can't remember what ingredient he told me. I was going to try diluting and using to brush teeth, but since this, I haven't yet tried it....

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

At a conference my vet attended not long ago, they were talking about the use of Biotene with great success. My vet has me put it on a gauze pad and wipe Misty's teeth and gums everyday. The result has been nothing less than amazing. And before anyone says that Biotene contains Xylitol, yes it does, however according to my vet and UC Davis, the amount in Biotene is NOT harmful in any way

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless