Brat-face Not Feeling Well

I got home today, and was faced with *that smell*. You know the one.

I was upset at first, because we've been through this and through this with Naples over and over and over again over the last 6 years.

But then I walked over to her crate, and saw that she had tried VERY hard to hold it. She had actually pooped on her crate pad, then pushed it into a corner, and avoided it like the plague. She has never done that before, so I know it was not a matter of "I felt like going, so I did." as it had been in the past (When she does that, she "finger paints").

So, I let her outside, and set about cleaning up. Poor kid - as soon as she was done in the yard, she came back up on the deck. I noticed a little poop on her, but nothing like usual (where she'd need a FULL bath). Cleaned her up with waterless shampoo, and now she's resting very quietly.

She's obviously not feeling well. She's exhausted, and that is not like her. She's usually the type to bounce around constantly, not sack out, sleeping away.

She's been gassy for a while, and we've been adding acidophilus to her food every day. I don't know if this is something I need to worry about yet, so we shall see. But good thoughts would be appreciated!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Feel better sweetie. :grouphug Sending prayers. The Flashman said he is sorry you are feeling poorly...and that he barfed all over the bedroom last night. :blush He also hopes that you feel better soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor Naples, she's not a brat face, she's a little doll. I sure hope she feels better

Oh, honey, this dog IS a brat-face! I have never met a Greyhound like her, and probably never will!! :lol

But I call her that all the time. It's a term of endearment, teally.

Good news is, she is now roaching (VERY common for her!), so I feel a little happier!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Poor Naples, she's not a brat face, she's a little doll. I sure hope she feels better

Oh, honey, this dog IS a brat-face! I have never met a Greyhound like her, and probably never will!! :lol

Good news is, she is now roaching (VERY common for her!), so I feel a little happier!

Oh I'm glad she's feeling better. but you have never met a greyhound who is nutty until you've had a blue female. I think they're all NUTS!!! Mine would make Naples look like a saint

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest lotsagreys4me

Awe poor girl. I always feel bad when they gotta go and can't get out and have to mess in their crate.......I hope she is all better now.

Oh yeah! Don't we all have THOSE names for our dogs (and cats, ferrets, hampsters, guinea pigs, cacomistles .....) :rolleyes::lol

Glad she's feeling better, whatever it was. Begone, whatever-it-was! Begone! :D

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh I'm glad she's feeling better. but you have never met a greyhound who is nutty until you've had a blue female. I think they're all NUTS!!! Mine would make Naples look like a saint

I doubt it! :lol Take a look at her race records (link to her Greyhound Data page is in my siggy). Her last graded race comment was: and I am NOT making this up: "Raced Recklessly." Never seen that before or since! And she has NOT gotten any better. My poor boys, who outweigh her by about 15 pounds each, are terribly intimidated by her!

Bless her heart. I hope she feels better real soon.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Dear Naples, I know you are mis-understood. I am very happy that you are feeling better. And you explain to your mom how females always rule

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless