Little Toe Removed

Guest kingaloha

Guest kingaloha

Hi all-

My girlfriend and I have been lurking here for awhile and really appreciate all the great info from everyone. Just yesterday our little Charley had to have a toe amputated as it had ligament damage and would tuck itself under his other toes. At first the anti-inflammatory meds they gave him seemed to work okay but he'd start to run on the carpet and would re-injure the toe.

He's limping a bit but overall seems to be doing great!

Thanks everyone for making this a great site!

Picture.jpg

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

Hi :wave I have a boy with a missing pinky toe, too. He does really well, except he really hates to stand on a hard floor. Hope Charley does well, he's very handsome.

Guest EmbersDad

ember is a recent member of the 3 toed wonder pups. she is doing fine, with the small issue of insecurity on steps, which i feel will pass as she gets used to only having 3 toes

Guest fountainpengwen

Hi and welcome! Charley is a handsome boy. :wub: Hope his three-toed foot is feeling better soon!

(My Clifford tried to become a three-toed boy earlier this week, but just ripped most of a nail off - ouch!)

What a sweet boy. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

That sounds a lot like Happy Tail, but of the paws. A tail is a nice thing, until they bang it up so much that it becomes a problem so we had to have 4 inches removed from our tail banger, Woodie.

I hope Charley's recovery is quick! I can imagine that keeping a paw clean and wrapped up can be as difficult (or more) as keeping a tail bandage on!

Be good, Charley!!!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

He's b-utiful! Im sure it will all be fine...love the pillow!

OH and WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by toni

:welcome I am sorry I have no info, but do know lots of grey friends that went through this and all came out very well.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Welcome to GT. I have one that had 2 toes removed just before Xmas. Real Drama Queen and I put socks over her bandages to go outside . That seemed to work for her. She was fine in about a month and doesn't even seem to miss the toes. By the way she is very busy being the fun police for the other 2 hounds. It was the front outside toe on the right foot and the left back foot inside toe.

Ruth

Guest kingaloha

Thanks to everyone for the nice replies!

Charley is doing well although we have to cover his bandage when he has to go to the bathroom. We're fortunate to have the luxury of living in Central Florida so his recuperation can include some pretty good outdoor time. Life's not bad when you're hanging out in nice weather!

Picture044.jpg