Ate Onions

Guest greyhound_mommy

Guest greyhound_mommy

Halle and Sam got into a bag of onions I set out this evening. I think they only hate one. Should I induce vomiting just incase?

Thanks............and yes I know they ate it cause I found part of one and Sam has horrid onion breath.

Guest KennelMom

Yeah...I'd definitely induce vomiting. Better safe than sorry. :goodluck

If you're using hydrogen peroxide, I just open the mouth and dump...or load up the nearest syringe and squirt. You'll get roughly the right amount and they're gonna puke it up anyway.

Guest greyhound_mommy

soooooooooo no vomit yet and we have given him several tsp. Probably about 7. He keeps hunkering thinking he has to poo. I feel so bad. He's not even hacking. I bought a new bottle right after I posted. I think it's trying to come out the wrong end.

It takes mores peroxide than you realize to cause puking. I would just open his mouth and pour, like Heather says.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest greyhound_mommy

TOUCH DOWN!

Heh, eventually we just poured. Poor little guy. He's very upset to be outside. I keep bringing him in on the rug to warm up and back outside. He seems confused. Bet he won't touch onions again lol.

Guest KennelMom

They should vomit within 5-6 minutes. 7 tsps isn't enough. Open and pour. You want him to throw up that onion asap.

Good news! I'd leave him out for a few minutes...there can be some residual pukes

Guest greyhound_mommy

Thanks for all the thoughts and advice. He did vomit twice last night. I felt so bad for him. He kept squatting in the yard like he had to poo. I figured for him to be that miserable he had to be in pain. He seemed so confused.

I fed him a very light meal this morning and he ate then threw up more yellow, foamy stuff. I figured there would be kibble in it but there wasn't. Hopefully he feels better tonight and I will give him another light meal. Onions were immediately put back away. I took them out and told DH "look I had onions." (I couldn't find any the other night) and left them out. Bad move. Glad they both were ok. I am assuming Halle didn't get much cause she seemed ok. Sam I KNEW had it because of his onion breath!