Hello From Scotland!

Guest greyhounds4life

Guest greyhounds4life

Hello!

My name is Sarah :colgate I am 20 years old, and not long ago saw this site through Google, but I couldn't join until now as I had a free email account. Anyway, got a normal one now and I am happy to be able to join now. So, we live in the West of Scotland, on a little island of 1800 people called North Uist. We've lived here 9 years now, and although we love it, we're moving to the mainland at the end of the month. I am owned by 2 gorgeous retired greyhounds.

My girl is Breagha. Breagha is pronounced 'Bree-a' and is Scottish Gaelic for 'beautiful'. She is most definately that! We rescued her in 2001 from her trainer. He truly loved his dogs, and wanted to rehome them himself. We picked her as she was jumping over the others to greet us, despite being one of the smallest greys there! She's black and white, mainly black, but has a white chest and tummy, and little white bits on her feet. Breagha is 28" to the shoulder. She's 9 years old, 10 in July, and her age is starting to show a bit, but she's still very active and loves to run up and down the beach! She loves food, playing with teddies and having her belly rubbed. So here's my beautiful girl...

garden.jpg

uncomfy3.jpg

GRASSBRI.jpg

100_3640.jpg

And now for my boy. His name is Todd (racing name Threecastle Bob). He is 7, and will be 8 in July. We rescued him from some friends of ours in 2005 when they no longer had time for him. He had originally come from the RGT and had 3 homes before us, through no fault of his own. He also killed a cat in his last home, which was down to his owners stupidity, not his fault again. So we took him on, and what a gorgeous boy he is! He's blue brindle, 30" to the shoulder, and is a big wimp! Lots of things spook him, the main ones being fireworks, planes going overhead, thunder, hailstones, doors being half open (they have to be either wide open, or shut) and various other things. He shakes and panics when these things are around, and unfortunately, we've yet to find something that works! However he's got such a great nature, he's friendly towards everyone he meets, he's gentle with children and older people, but still thinks EVERYONE wants to stroke him to wags and wags :rolleyes: . We had to work hard on his training when we first got him as we had two cats, and he had learnt not to chase them within a month, thats another thing, he's a quick learner! So now for pics...

toddpillows.jpg

todd.jpg

102_0064.jpg

100_3648.jpg

As well as the two dogs, we have 2 rescue cats, a rabbit, and 2 guinea pigs.

Guest hamiesmom

Welcome from beautiful, snowy and very cold Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Your two greys are absolutely gorgeous. I love the picture showing the ocean behind them. I am owned by a gorgeous red fawn boy, called Hamilton aka Hamie who will be 10 years old at the end of April and a wonderful little black and white cat who is also 10 years old.

Guest GreytMuse

Welcome to GreyTalk!!

You have lovely pups and that was a great introduction, too, by the way! I look forward to more of your posts and even more pictures of Breagha and Todd. :colgate

Guest greyhounds4life

You will definately see more pictures! I take so many :) one question, do you have a section for posting threads of photos? I don't want to post in the wrong place! :unsure

Edited by greyhounds4life

Welcome! Those are definitely gorgeous hound, and nice work on the cat training with Todd. Pictures can be posted anywhere as long as they apply to the topic, but most go to Cute & Funny (it is Cute & Funny, right? :lol - I can never remember the topic titles).

Hello from Ohio! Your dogs are gorgeous! Where on the mainland will you be moving to? Can't wait until I can get back to Scotland again...what a beautiful country!

Guest dauphinelaura

Oh I want to go to Scotland! Your pups are BEAUTIFUL! There is this particular scotch that I want from there and they don't sell it here. Huge bummer. And I can't seem it get it online! I'll just have to go there and get it myself! I'll probably just end up staying because it's so nice there!

Welcome!!!

Guest greyhounds4life

We are moving to Sutherland in the North of Scotland. We will still be surrounded by the sea and beaches, but less remote. We miss being able to go on holiday!

:welcome Your greys are beautiful. We are very Happy that you have joined the group. :colgate Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Welcome! Your pups are lovely.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Welcome from Maine! :welcome2 I lived in Scotland (on the East Coast, though) when I was in Uni - I went to St Andrews. Loved it! I visited the West coast a couple of times, and loved it even better than the east coast. Welcome to GT.... Todd and Breagha are beautiful! :wub: :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, and thank you all! You are all so welcoming :)

Welcome from Pottsville PA. We are owned by Chauncey who is a beautiful Red Brindle and is 4 years old. We are also new to the Greyhound world, Chauncey will be with us 1 year in April. I am also new to Greytalk, so I am still working on how to reply and post and posting pictures, although I did manage to get a picture of Chauncey posted. Anyway your greys are gorgeous and I am sure they give you much joy. Liz