New Member From Indiana

Guest AmyN

Hi everyone, I'm Amy from Richmond, Indiana. I learned of this forum through my efforts to find my lost greyhound Austin (see Amber Alerts thread). I am glad to have found you but sad it's under these circumstances. I am just sick over that.

My husband and I have been adopting greyhounds our entire married lives, going on 12 years. We currently have a pack consisting of greyhounds Sleepy, 13, Bailey, 11, Draco, 7, and Austin, 7. Then there's Lucy, about 4, who is a stray hound mix of some kind. We thought she was part-greyhound at first but now I'm not so sure. Maybe a little boxer? Last but not least is Rose, our 3-month-old bloodhound.

Our greyhounds waiting for us on the rainbow bridge are Gabby (spleen cancer), Pirate (heart failure), Brandon (old age), Tammy (kidney failure), Peter (really old age, 17), Donna (stroke), and Whiner (bloat). We miss them all.

Right now I'm scared for Austin but find comfort in the greyhound community. I used to be really active on the greyhound e-mail list but dropped off. I had forgotten what a kind and supportive community greyhound lovers are!

:welcome2

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh gosh! :grouphug I am so sorry you have lost Austin, many well wishes and bright thoughts for you that he will show himself soon. But I am glad you found GT and we all look forward to getting to know you better.

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest CyrusinCT

Hi Amy! I'm new too! GT seems pretty awesome so far-I'm happy to have found it. I sure hope that Austin makes his way back to you safe and sound!!

From One newbie to another, welcome!