Hello!

Guest LuckyStars

Guest LuckyStars

Hi, my name is Lindsey, I've been lurking around the forum for a while and finally joined. I have loved Greyhounds since I was a little girl, and have always wanted one but have never been in a position to get one. I am finishing up my junior year of my undergrad, trying to decide if I want to go to grad school...but either way I am getting closer to my first Grey. Only a year or two to go depending on school.

I do, however, have a menagerie of other animals. I think my love of Greyhounds goes very closely with my love of ex-racing Thoroughbreds. It is my goal to one day be able to take more horses off the track and re-train them to be able to give them jobs and a better chance at finding a perfect home. I have one older Thoroughbred who I love very much. I think what is most special about him is that he ran for a long time and won a lot of money for a lot of people, have gave so much and never got anything in return. I think there is something very special about ex-racing animals.

Between my mom and myself, we have two other horses, an Arabian and our newest, a German Warmblood colt who just turned 8 months. We also have a Sheltie, Cortland, a Yorkie, Kaze, and a very large cat, Oliver. I may be allowed to take the cat after school, but my mom has told me quite plainly that she will not part with either of the dogs. :rolleyes: So I am very excited about the idea of being able to get my own dog, one that actually likes me more than my mom :lol (Cortland was my dog but he has become very attached to her).

Just wanted to say hello and show off my babies and get to know some greyhound owners, hoping to very soon have my own Greyhound. Lots of pics, we have lots of animals! Heh.

PC250010.jpg

Kaze

cortland2-1.jpg

Cortland

Christmas024.jpg

Oliver

07111001001_0001.jpg

Lucky (Thoroughbred)

nova4-2.jpg

Nova (Arabian)

Horses005.jpg

Baron (German WB)

Guest KsFrets

Hello from Kansas! Oliver is darling...he looks like a teddy bear :beatheart See if your Mom will go to grad school for you, and take over the farm and get several greyhounds :cheers:ghplaybow

Edited by KsFrets

Guest LuckyStars
See if your Mom will go to grad school for you, and take over the farm and get several greyhounds :cheers:ghplaybow

I would love that! Hehe. I am a little tired of school, but horses are a bit expensive and I need a job to keep up my habits.

Thanks for the compliments on Kaze and Ollie, they both think the world of themselves. :lol

• 1 month later...
Guest youngINlove

Hello Hello! Nova is such a gorgeous Arabian. I am in the same Junior yr boat with you. Waiting is soooo hard. Good luck with everything :colgate

Welcome, and greetings from Gainesville, Florida! All of your babies are beautiful!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest md7nd

Welcom From Maryland! :wave what a wonderful family you have! Now if only I can get a horse...to fit in a condo..that can handle a grey and cat...that can take everybody outside once in awhile.... :bow

Guest brooke

Welcome! You sound like you will be a great owner for a greyhound. Good for you for giving that horse a good life/home now that he's no longer useful on the track.

Love the pics!

Guest Javagirl

Welcome! It took me 8 years to finally be in the right position to adopt a greyhound but I'm glad I waited until the right moment. I went through undergrad, 2 years abroad and then 2 years in CA getting my masters before I was able to give Ladd all the attention he deserves. There were months at a time that I would just stare at all the available hounds on the various rescue sights wishing I could finally just graduate already...

Anyway, all that to say, welcome to the group and when the time is right it will happen. In the meantime, you have quite a family as it is. Such great pictures.

See you around,

Kristyn and Ladd