Anyone Tried Wysong Dental Powder?

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

OK, everyone knows that greyhounds typically have poor dental health. Just looking for opinions on Wysong's Dental Treat powder. It's like parmesan cheeze that is added to food. Supposed to remove tarter and bad breath.

:gh_lay

Guest Kpparker

Yep I've used it! Need to buy some more actually. I think it does help a bit. It wont make them super sparkly white, but definitely better than they were before.

I've just read the PDF file you can get from the product page. If you go to the last page where all the references are, there is a strong suggestion that it contains Xylitol, which I thought was toxic to dogs.

It doesn't say Xylitol on the label but it does say it contains 'Fructooligosaccharides' and as I understand it, Xylitol is sourced from fruits. :dunno

It's possible that in the quantity present in Wysong dental powder it's perfectly OK, but I think I'd want a little more detail. And I am interested because Jack needs something like this.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I am definitely interested, too. I use Oxy Fresh in their water but they still have icky teeth.

Turkey necks are out. Ugh. I don't even eat meat. Plus, Indigo is a gulper. I would be afraid she would choke.

Guest TBSFlame
I am definitely interested, too. I use Oxy Fresh in their water but they still have icky teeth.

Turkey necks are out. Ugh. I don't even eat meat. Plus, Indigo is a gulper. I would be afraid she would choke.

Have you tried the oxyfresh gel. I use it to brush their teeth.

Does anyone know if you can you purchase it in Canada?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest armanntoo
Does anyone know if you can you purchase it in Canada?

Check with your local Pet Valu, if they don't carry it, they can probably order it for you.

Also, I think Global and Ryans carry it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LoveSeniorGreys

Update: I have been using this stuff for a couple weeks on my 13 yr girl (add to every meal). Sally has NEVER had a dental and was a crate chewer at the farm. Her teeth were horrid....almost solid brown tarter on the back teeth and breath that would keel over a buffalo! I have been brushing her teeth once a week since we got her, 4 years ago.

This product works for Sally! Her teeth are visually smoother and whiter, and the breath is better. :D

:gh_lay